Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:55 pm 

The 6mm barrel and 6mm M16 style 300 round mag is attached.This not an airsoft gun.It is an airgun firing 6mm steel ball bearings.I am hoping for atleast the same at 480fps with 1600psi that the last time I tried this.The 6mm barrage barrel is held on with 3 pertapped steel screws and gaskets.The drozd mag only feeds gas no ammo.The M16 mag feeds well up the barrels.The last test the M16 steel airsoft mag feed steel perfectly.It can fire 300 to 2000rpm with the new Russian board but 1600 is plenty.Of course it can fire tracers with the steel for night time fun.The major reason for failure is the 6mm barrel blowing off the gun and yes this has happened in the past.The three steel screws should hold it on tight.Hope to do some testing Friday

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:43 am 

First test today.Using 6mm plastic.The gun was set at 8oorpm and co2.Using dual drum and firing 8 shot bursts.Performed well.The mag feed well and the tracer worked well.About every 10th bb shattered coming out the barrel.I am not sure why.Maybe too much fps.Then I switched to 6mm steel.same settings but 1600+psi.I also switched to M16 mag.A few airshots but most smacked into the back fence in a tight group.The 6mm ball bearings were buried flat into the wood at 15 meters.My chrony needs some work but I would guess about 480fps.Found later my batteries were less than 16 volts.1600psi needs atleast 16+volts.The selenoid needs to be pushed back and two small leaks need to be plugged.The M16 mag usually performs perfectly.I need to add a magnet.In one 15 second burst performed perfectly and put up a tight group.Some more fine tuning needed and more voltage like +20 volts.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:45 am 

built using polarstar engine? or literally a drozd shoved in an m16?
or was it a drozd with an m16 barrel, handguard and mag?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:08 am 

Dangerous gun, man. 20 volts will blow the original motor in no time.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:38 am 

My Blackbird has a modded 24 volt motor.The 6mm conversion is on a older drozd.The stock mag only delivers Hpa or co2.No bbs feed thru it.The airsofy mags feed way up the barrel.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:24 pm 

You just gotta post a vid of it unleashing some destruction!! :axe: