Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:02 pm 

Gippeto wrote:
Would sure like to find time to finish a .308 QB I was working on...

Al

I would like one of those too

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:12 am 

paddyfritz wrote:
Gippeto wrote:

Al

:)

Still a "few" pieces to make. Thinking black walnut or maybe zebra wood for the stock...undecided about thumb hole or something more conventional.

Al

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:01 am 

Nice Al! I like the foster fitting right angled to the barrel! Easier hook-up!
Let me know where you source a stock from! I need two!!!

3 Custom Crosman 2260
Benjamin Discovery .22 w/Joe Hickey stock!
Crosman 150 pistol .22
4 Crosman MK 1 pistol .22
Mrodair CP-1M .22 and .177

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:17 am 

Gippeto wrote:
paddyfritz wrote:
Gippeto wrote:

Al

:)

Still a "few" pieces to make. Thinking black walnut or maybe zebra wood for the stock...undecided about thumb hole or something more conventional.

Al

Nice !

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:42 am 

Al[/quote]

That looks pretty awesome. You should definitely finish it with a thumbhole to complete it. Thumbholes rock.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:32 pm 

that looks awesome Gippeto i too agree with a thumb hole stock. :wink:

if you haven't see this already here are some nice stock ideas.
http://www.ginb.it/prodotti_list.php?lang=en

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:50 pm 

I would like to make a new stock for my QB57, it will be a one piece this time and I hope to make a scope mount that clamps on the barrel. The last one was two pieces like the stock set up and as with the stock one it starts to get loose after a while.
I am also planning to use a solid piece of wood instead of the Baltic birch plywood, I found that the plywood was vulnerable to humidity even though I had sealed all surfaces.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:47 pm 

New BNM breech and rotary mag for my 2240.

TBark

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:57 pm 

Hacked2Pieces wrote:
just picked up a 357-8 and dismantled her sunday, polished the hammer and trigger (plus everything in between) to a mirror like finish today and starting the external and barrel polishing as soon as my new parts come in ;) i want to be able to see myself in her when im done :) no pun intended...

just about done, ordering a new valve on thursday and looking for a new project friday ;)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:19 am 

I'm Planning ???? to get started on some stock,s in the new year. I still need to put a bathroom in the new basement first.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:32 am 

Lots of plans for my winter, Going for my PAL, Need to produce new bits for East Coast Airgunner and start putting out some new vids (Doing that over the holidays) We're going to finish the shooting range in the basement. All this in between shooting and hunting, should be fun.

I'm looking forward to seeing how your guys projects come along and what cool stuff you modify, Have fun!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:01 am 

robipaul wrote:
this winter, i will;

take apart my 500x, clean and re-lube the internals, will re-scope and sight it, get her ready for the next outdoor shooting season

take apart the browning leverage and inspect the internals, maybe clean and lube job as well, plug the piston hole(if i find one), spring seems to be fine from what i'm getting, would like to take apart the trigger group and find out why the safety is not working as it should, hesitating to fiddle on that last part

take apart my model 61, clean the internals, and depending on what i find, maybe replace the piston seal, re-blue the externals, drill and tap two holes on top of the receiver to tie down a weaver rail, and fit a small scope for what is a small gun, maybe a leapers bug buster

take apart the crosman raven and ruger airhawk, and put those in the bin of shame(AKA parts bin)

try to find either a laser, red dot, or pistol scope to fit the 357, would like to install a metal barrel, the plastic one has a loose rail, can't be good in holding zero

that is all

what will you do on the SECOND day of winter? thats one afternoon down, what next

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:50 am 

Hunting some Snowshoe Hares if it ever warms up..... :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:44 pm 
Site Admin

Finishing my house renovations :/ And when that's done hopefully setting up an indoor range.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:40 pm 

Well I'm truly into airgun building mode right now, I got 3 projects done in the last week.... The 2260 and 2560 HPAs both got their LW barrels fitted, and the .25 ACP liner that came off the 2560 got fitted to my quarterbore Disco, along with a new PEEK poppet in the valve.... The week before, I got the new PEEK valve done and installed in the .308/.357 Hayabusa as well.... Sooooooooo, that's four small projects off my to-do list, and I'm getting the decks cleared for the more major stuff.... My .357 and .217 barrels for the Disco Double should be here any time, plus all the materials for the .410 / .457 Hayabusa project.... With any luck, by mid-January I'll be up to my eyeballs in chips.... :mrgreen:

Bob

Proud Member of the 2000+fps Club!