Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: HW97's metal type?
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:32 am 

I accidentally scratched a little part and want to know what type of metal it is for a touch up. The stuff I have is only for steel which contains nickel & chrome alloy. Any help appreciated.

Post subject: Re: HW97's metal type?
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:41 am 

Would that Blue Wonder work? It looks great and won't affect the bluing thats already there (unlike Birchwood Casey superblue)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:43 am 

The touch up pen will work fine! Clean the spot with alcohol first, then let dry.

3 Custom Crosman 2260
Benjamin Discovery .22 w/Joe Hickey stock!
Crosman 150 pistol .22
4 Crosman MK 1 pistol .22
Mrodair CP-1M .22 and .177

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:32 am 

Thanks! After making a huge fuss over it last night and searching for a couple hours how to help it, I did come across the pen. its right on the top of the barrel. So pretty noticeable (to me :( )

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:38 am 

I use Oxpho Blue exclusively for touching up bluing. Excellent stuff and easy to use.

DaveD :D

"To anger a conservative, lie to him. To anger a liberal, tell him the truth." ~ Theodore Roosevelt

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:01 pm 

A shot in the dark, but does anyone do hot bluing? :lol: Is anyone a gunsmith? I tried contacting one in Vancouver that does the matte, factory, and mirror polished. I never got an answer after I mentioned it was for an air rifle. And I don't know if I could trust your 'average joe' gunsmith, he may treat my 97 like a toy & I've read horror stories of people sending their air rifles to gunsmiths for whatever reason, coming back with something messed up because of the gunsmiths ignorance for an air rifle.

If someone on here was a gunsmith or does hot bluing, I know they would treat my air rifle good, we all love airguns!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:12 pm 

M3ga3T wrote:
A shot in the dark, but does anyone do hot bluing? :lol: Is anyone a gunsmith? I tried contacting one in Vancouver that does the matte, factory, and mirror polished. I never got an answer after I mentioned it was for an air rifle. And I don't know if I could trust your 'average joe' gunsmith, he may treat my 97 like a toy & I've read horror stories of people sending their air rifles to gunsmiths for whatever reason, coming back with something messed up because of the gunsmiths ignorance for an air rifle.

If someone on here was a gunsmith or does hot bluing, I know they would treat my air rifle good, we all love airguns!

I am a gunsmith! have a diploma to prove it! :D

Sorry I don't do bluing!

3 Custom Crosman 2260
Benjamin Discovery .22 w/Joe Hickey stock!
Crosman 150 pistol .22
4 Crosman MK 1 pistol .22
Mrodair CP-1M .22 and .177

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:21 pm 

Oh okay, thanks anyways! Hopefully someone on here does hot bluing. After seeing what some bluing jobs around the web and on here, I think the hw97 blackline would look so sweet. If possible I would love a bright polish.