Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:40 pm 

Recently my M&P 45 broke, it seems to be the plastic at the front where the screw that retains the barrel/slide mechanism is located. It just gave out and now when I close the action after inserting a new magazine it requires me to push from directly on the front of the gun. (this is not fun; the gun becomes live and I don't like to have my fingers anywhere near the end of the barrel for fear I might shoot my fingers off. That would be an embarrassing trip to the hospital) It seems the front part of the plastic slide is now dis-attached from the front piece of plastic that holds the barrel in place. My guess is when the slide release is pressed and the spring shoots the front part of the slide foreword it has damaged the plastic. Anyone else had this problem? The gun only has about 1000 rounds through it. Simple fix with some JB weld I'm sure but its just too bad it happened in the first place, considering all my guns are well cared for.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:30 pm 

For the life of me, I really don't know why a company such as Umarex would produce a gun like this (but I can make a very intelligent guess). Maybe a thousand rounds is a lifetime for a $60 gun, but I know I'll be told differently -- see below :lol: ). But you're definitely right: Your only recourse is a little liquid welding job and hopes for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:56 pm 

You are right, it is an inexpensive gun, but I figure 1000 rounds is only 2 tins of crosman pointed pellets. I could put that thought it in a week. I've had this gun for maybe a year, I kinda expected more reliability than that. I have an old crosman 1008sb it has had 10's of thousands of rounds through it. I've had it since I was 13. And I'm 28. That's reliability for a cheap plastic gun. Still shoots like the day I got it from Canadian tire.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:18 am 

Some things become classics; some things become junk. Don't feel too bad; I just bought a gun for $165 that was junk right out of the box - got maybe 25 shots out of her, and I'm in for a fight to get my money back. :x

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:54 pm 

What was it if you don't mind me asking? I would expect a dollar store cap gun to last longer than 25 shots. That's terrible.