Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:38 pm 

hey everyone,
i have been watching the you tube vids on practical shooting and notice the rate of fire on some pistols seem higher than others. with some research on race guns and some good luck i found this:
http://airsoft-guns-blog.pyramydair.com ... wback.html

i know it is the evil airsoft :lol: but i though it should work on most gas blow back pistols. i know i am going to try it with my kwa atp once it gets here on the 25 th.

pro- higher rate of fire, (some talk of better gas millage too)
con- slide lock may or may not function (depends how much you short stroke it) but i have heard of some people cutting a new slide lock cut out in their slide to compensate for that too.

ideas? suggestions? flames?
any one try this yet?

ps- i did the post because i don't remember any one here talking about this before. and thought maybe it might just work with B.B. guns too.

sub 500 .177 Hatsan mod 33 with Quattro trigger open sites

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:20 pm 

I used to do airsoft practical shooting, and never noticed an advantage to short stroking, the gun will cycle faster than you can pull the trigger unless your slide is way too heavy and your recoil spring is way too light, and the lack of slide stop to me was a way bigger disadvantage than any percieved advantage from shortstroking
another thing to consider is that if you shortstroke it, the piston head never leaves the nozzle so it cant vent the gas thats been expended, it has to bleed out back through the mags gas chute, or around the piston head oring, and depending on the quality of the airseal it could momentarily hang back as it bleeds pressure before returning to battery, making it SLOWER