Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:47 pm 

From what I gather, there are not that many places where we can have 500 people all in one place. Most of us only think of the shooters. Every shooter have family and friends that come and support them. From what I saw in Germany is that you need big enough grounds where vendors can set up their stalls, like in a big tent. You will need place for some food like vedors to be able to sell food. That's the only thing that was lacking in Germany, only one stand where you could buy a brutworst.

One of the places that I like for a venue would be Pemberton, just past Wistler. Huge club perfect for an event like this. The club is right against a big mountain range. Perfect for up hill and down hill shooting

There are lots of hotels and restaurants close by. In Ebern there were almost nothing. Small town in the middle of no where.

Tell me what you think

Biagio

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:11 pm 

I think we need to get our :butthead: in gear.I think the Olympic x country venue would be better as they have paved trials for the wheeled shooters and a large biathlon area for warm up.And we all paid for it and needs to be used :(

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:34 pm 

We are number 17 on the list to host the World event. New Zealand, the 2014 host country is number six on the list, with two countries higher on the list that have deferred. I am thinking 2017 is a little optimistic for Canada to be hosting.

Counties before us include:

Lithuania, who deferred until next year, Malta who also deferred, Portugal, Russia, Scotland, Spain, Wales, England, Poland, USA and Northern Ireland.

So 11 countries before we get our chance. A few may decline to host, but the majority will accept.

Even with that, we have been discussing venues, such as Camp Borden and the Biathlon training facility in BC as mentioned. In order to host, we will have to increase in number and have to have more people willing to do the jobs needed for such an event.

There are very few people in Canada that are fully invested in the sport and willing to contribute and help.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:29 am 

Biagio26 wrote:
From what I gather, there are not that many places where we can have 500 people all in one place. Most of us only think of the shooters. Every shooter have family and friends that come and support them. From what I saw in Germany is that you need big enough grounds where vendors can set up their stalls, like in a big tent. You will need place for some food like vedors to be able to sell food. That's the only thing that was lacking in Germany, only one stand where you could buy a brutworst.

One of the places that I like for a venue would be Pemberton, just past Wistler. Huge club perfect for an event like this. The club is right against a big mountain range. Perfect for up hill and down hill shooting

There are lots of hotels and restaurants close by. In Ebern there were almost nothing. Small town in the middle of no where.

Tell me what you think

Biagio

Camp Perry, Ohio US of A! They have triple the number of people and lots of places for vendors and food! I know it is not Canada, but not the far a drive for the people in ON.

3 Custom Crosman 2260
Benjamin Discovery .22 w/Joe Hickey stock!
Crosman 150 pistol .22
4 Crosman MK 1 pistol .22
Mrodair CP-1M .22 and .177

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:16 am 

Sorry for the mess up

It is a few years away

Tim, I do believe that by then we will be able to pull enough people to volunteer their time to help out. If push comes to shove, and we have it in Pemberton, I'll get people, sponsors and lots of venders. At least I'm good at that.

I do hope we get the opportunity to do an event like that. It will be awesome.

Biagio

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:43 am 

I would love to see the Worlds in Canada and there is absolutely no reason why we can't physically do it. After all, we hosted the Olympics a time or to didn't we?

There will never be a shortage of volunteers. That's what Canadians do. We are a very generous people.

The problem we have is that we don't have the Political Will nor anything like the level of participation in the sport to do it.

DaveD :D

"To anger a conservative, lie to him. To anger a liberal, tell him the truth." ~ Theodore Roosevelt

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:13 pm 

There is more and more interest towards FT. Prince George is also working on a FT club. There has been more and more interest. I'm sure by 2027 we will be able to have enough people to volenteer their time. We will be having a bigger and bigger team every year from now on, participating in the Worlds FT.

I had a taste, and I like it.

Biagio

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:37 pm 

I'd be willing to volunteer for a day or 2 if there's camping available :idea:

Crosman "vigilante"
Benjamin Trail NP .22 w/3-9x40 Centerpoint

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:11 pm 

Sorry for the screw up guys, the Worlds FT will be in Canada in 2027, a little way to go. I will be at the ripe old age of 51
I hope I'll still be shooting FT by then.

LOL

Biagio

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:46 pm 

you will be there pushing my wheel chair as we brake kelly1 from the old folks home :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:40 pm 

LOL LOL

Biagio

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:13 pm 

My estimate would be that we will get our chance in about eight or nine years, so 2022 or 2023.

I started field target at about 50 years old and have no plans of quitting or cutting back. I'll be 65 this summer and hope to have my best season so far. Ron Carlson from the US won the Worlds when he was 68.

Just keep shooting and having fun.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:20 pm 

That is true Tim.

I'm sure we will be shooting FT untill I die, especially if you look at what I've put into the sport. $$$$

Love all types of shooting sports. Ever since I was a kid I was looking for a shooting sport, there was none. Now I'm almost 40 and now I'm enjoying shooting sport.

See you guys later, this weekend that is

Biagio