Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:27 pm 

Mmmm...that is going through my mind. Right now I also want a KWC 1911 though so better not get too carried away...!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:15 am 

rrdstarr wrote:
joe hickey wrote:
I.d get both, cuz you, ll always wonder if you made the right choice, until you do.

They are both less then $70 each, so get both! :D

My thoughts too.

Personally I think BB projectiles fired from smooth bores are a waste of money. They look cool but what's the use if you can't do precision shooting..I am all for rifled barrel and pellet combination all the way.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:19 pm 

crossliner wrote:
Personally I think BB projectiles fired from smooth bores are a waste of money. They look cool but what's the use if you can't do precision shooting..I am all for rifled barrel and pellet combination all the way.

Well... leaving aside the enormous amount of fun to be had with the wide variety of BB guns, plus the handling practice for people interested in guns that operate more like the powder burners they are modelled on, it turns out that BB accuracy is sometimes sufficient. UBC run an interesting 5 shot rapid fire competition, for which choosing a pistol is an interesting challenge. I started with a crosman 357 on the basis that pellets and a rifled barrel should have an advantage (and it's a lot cheaper than buying one of the umarex revolvers-in-disguise). Out of mild curiosity I tried shooting the targets with a sig p226 BB gun and found that I could do better with that. The single action trigger from the blowback BB gun was a big advantage over the heavy double action on the 357, and accuracy was - sufficient. :)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:34 pm 

So I went with the 1322 in the end. Not having seen one before, I was surprised that it wasn't bigger than I imagined which made me think I should have got the backpacker version after all. Oh well, it's fine. A bit rough around the edges so I will probably look up the info on here and youtube regarding taking it apart and polishing up the important bits. The pumping is a bit of a pain but it only takes 3 to fire it across the basement and handy for the odd shot or two rather than using a whole CO2 cylinder.
I also got the KWC 1911, also smaller than I expected but really good. Not fired it yet so don't know how accurate it is but while I generally agree with crossliner's comment on precision shooting and having admittedly always poo-pooed BB guns in the past, this looks like it's going to be a blast with its realistic cocking action, drop-out mag and blowback. Unfortunately, replicaairguns sent a full KWC brochure with it. I can see an expensive collection starting...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:39 pm 

Ace wrote:
Get the 1322, i personally hate 12g co2 cartridge, :x
or better yet get a 2289 backpacker.I have a 2240 that barley sees the light of day, i actually had two of them traded one for a 760 8)
now I'm just in the plans of switching the 2240 to HPA. :wink:
DDtank wrote:
which made me think I should have got the backpacker version after all.
The pumping is a bit of a pain but it only takes 3 to fire it across the basement and handy for the odd shot or two rather than using a whole CO2 cylinder...

and its a little easier to pump then the 1322. :wink:
you can always add a stock to it like the pic i showed you of sureshot's 1322 it will help in the accuracy department.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:42 pm 

Ace wrote:
or better yet get a 2289 backpacker

I know, I know...
In fact I got a stock with it. I got kitted out from scopesandammo, only $15 with them so no-brainer. They were great by the way, actually refunded part of the postage as the actual cost was less than I paid rather than just pocketing it and keeping quiet!
I am going to try and make/fit a front pistol grip to try and help with the pumping as well as stability.
Also planning on the metal breech some time - what size scope is recommended and tele or just red dot?