Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Gifted 1322
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:04 am 

As the tittle say i got a 13xx from a buddy in a bag all in peaces lol...
So i said cool half the job is done for me now time to mod this and get it back up and running. 8)

So i flat toped the valve and piston, also did some porting to the valve and valve steam and also lightened the valve spring, i was quiet surprised the valve did not have a bleed hole :shock: , I polished the hammer and sear, lightened the trigger spring, cut the little notch off the trigger, and lightened up the trigger spring, and extended the bolt prob. :wink:

Its a cool fun little plinker now :D

here she is as she arrived :shock:

some of the modded parts

all back together and ready for shooting fun. :D

Post subject: Re: Gifted 1322
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:04 am 

Nicely done. Does that method of FTP-ing really work or will the epoxy fall out the pump cup eventually?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:58 am 

I too was gifted a 13xx. Mine was all in one piece though, a Christmas gift from my wife (she loves me, and actually listens to my airgun blathering lol). After opening all of our gifts and cleaning up the wrapping paper I was on my new I-pad mini (told you she loved me) ordering parts from S&A. She had bought me a 1377 American Classic and I immediately wanted to put a stock, steel breech, and longer 18" .177 barrel on it.
Once all the parts arrived and were installed I scoped it with a 3x9 CP scope and was suprised by how accurate it was but was less than impressed with the power. Couldn't even poke holes in a dog food tin. I wanted to paint the pump arm black to match the stock, so while it was apart I swapped the barrel and breech with the 10.1" .22 barrel as well as the transfer ports and plugged the bleed on the valve. Now she is packing a punch at 450fps at ten pumps. So far the novelty of pumping hasn't worn off and my 1322 is one of my top three favourites.
Question for you Ace. What is the benefit of cutting off the little tab on the trigger? I squashed the spring and now have a very light trigger but am always looking to improve. I am also interested in details of your FTP. Do you just fill the cup and file down the face of the valve? Do you have a procedure to fit it for tight tolerances? I have noticed that the FTP that you can purchase are adjustable.
Thanks Mike

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:22 am 

Yeah, I'm not understanding filing off the travel limit on the trigger. Doesn't that just mean the safety falls out? Oooh, that might solve a problem I have with my new 1377 stock :shock:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:40 am 

TriggerHappy416 wrote:
Nicely done. Does that method of FTP-ing really work or will the epoxy fall out the pump cup eventually?

so far so good I'll keep every one posted if it breaks, but it wont fall out because i put a little set screw in the middle of the cup so the JB weld has something to grab on to, just like i did on my 2289.

Tinner wrote:
Question for you Ace. What is the benefit of cutting off the little tab on the trigger? I squashed the spring and now have a very light trigger but am always looking to improve. I am also interested in details of your FTP. Do you just fill the cup and file down the face of the valve? Do you have a procedure to fit it for tight tolerances? I have noticed that the FTP that you can purchase are adjustable.
Thanks Mike

Awesome Mike you have a nice wife hope you got here something cool as well. :wink:
Cutting the little tab is just for comfort if you look at the first pic and the second you will see the trigger blade is not curved like a banana shape.
as for the FTP yes thats what i do it fits perfect tolerance is dead on. If you fill the cup just make sure you don't go over and onto the lip of the cup you need that part to stay nice and fixable to make a good seal. The FTP they sell is very nice you have the benefit of just changing out a simple o-ring, my method is just a home made simple yet effective way of achieving the FTP benefits.

EverHopeful wrote:
Yeah, I'm not understanding filing off the travel limit on the trigger. Doesn't that just mean the safety falls out? Oooh, that might solve a problem I have with my new 1377 stock :shock:

No not the travel limit tab, as i said above to Mike its just the little tab at the top of the trigger blade and its just a comfort thing nothing really to do with performance. :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:21 pm 

Here are some pictures of the FTP i did on my 2289 so basically the same thing was done to the 1322.
I'm not saying or suggesting that everyone go out and do this mod especially if your not comfortable with this sort of thing, you must know what your doing especially when chopping the cone off the valve.

Make sure the set screw is siting below the cup lip.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:29 pm 

Ah! Now that you pointed out the trigger difference in your pic I see it. If you get a chance can you post some numbers with your FTP? I am getting retained air at 12 pumps and enough for a weak second shot at 15-17. Would be cool to get two sub 500 fps off of ten. I am sure there would be more mods required to reach this goal but I wanted the 13xx to fiddle with after having so much fun with my 2240 (now a 1740 I guess?). I have a feeling both of these pistols will always be in a state of flux, I just can't leave them alone.
So you are taking the valve cone down to the shoulder and no more?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:44 pm 

Tinner wrote:
Ah! Now that you pointed out the trigger difference in your pic I see it. If you get a chance can you post some numbers with your FTP? I am getting retained air at 12 pumps and enough for a weak second shot at 15-17. Would be cool to get two sub 500 fps off of ten.
Not sure if that would be posible, the first shot would have to be over 500fps to get a second decent shot, for me its all about the less and easy pumping to get to 500fps. :wink:
I am sure there would be more mods required to reach this goal but I wanted the 13xx to fiddle with after having so much fun with my 2240 (now a 1740 I guess?). I have a feeling both of these pistols will always be in a state of flux, I just can't leave them alone.

So you are taking the valve cone down to the shoulder and no more?
Yes and no more.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:49 pm 

Yeah kinda figured that was the case. Less pumps sounds good though. Thanks for the info Ace.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:51 pm 

my 1377 holds air at 5 pumps and at ten it shoots one at 430ish and the second is 350ish. I'd be happy if I could get two shots at 400. guess I have to play with the valve spring to have two consistent shots..?

"When Obi-wan talked about the darkside of the force who knew he was referring to windows...?"

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:56 pm 

doublevision wrote:
my 1377 holds air at 5 pumps and at ten it shoots one at 430ish and the second is 350ish. I'd be happy if I could get two shots at 400. guess I have to play with the valve spring to have two consistent shots..?

At five :shock: what did you do to the valve ?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:07 pm 

its a stock set up with bleed hole plugged.. all I did was change the hammer spring. the spring i used was too short so to take up the slack I put in a hard piece of rubber.

"When Obi-wan talked about the darkside of the force who knew he was referring to windows...?"

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:29 pm 

interesting I'm going to remove the valve and have another look at it i was a little surprised it didn't have the bleed hole on it so they must have done something ells to keep it under 500fps I'm thinking the volume within the valve or something. :?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:43 pm 

For those of you that want to get 2 balanced shots with a single pump session, it can be done by lightening the hammer spring. To precisely do this instead of guessing how much hammer spring to cut, you will need a rear velocity adjuster to fine tune the hammer spring tension.

Ace, the new 1322s are not detuned like the old 2289s because they know it will not go over 500fps with the short barrel and being in .22 cal. You should be getting around 460 fps stock with 14.3gr pellets.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:18 pm 

thanks T-H I'm getting 450fps with 16.20gr ran out of lighter .22 will have to chrony it again when i get some lighter pellets and see if the FTP made as much improvement as it did in the 2289.