Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Re: Princess Auto
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 3:13 pm 

Good point there sureshot, I may have spent more on trying different pellets than the guns themselves :)

Crosman 2240
Daisy 953
Ruger Green Mountain Laminate 10/22+Hawke Airmax 3-9x40 AO
1950 Russian SKS
Remington 783 30-06 Hawke Vantage 6-24x44 SF

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 3:39 pm 

SureShot wrote:
Okay I don't happen to be lucky enough to have a Princess Auto nearby. In fact the nearest one is in Moncton, about three and a half hours away. But this past week I traveled to Halifax on business where there's a second Princess Auto.

The Moncton PA doesn't carry any other pellets than the Grizzly or Crosman brands and they are available right on the shelf.

The Halifax PA carries the Grizzly or Crosman brands plus some JSB Match pellets and RWS BB's but they're only available behind the Customer Service counter.

I picked up some JSB Match Exact RS Diabolo and Straton pellets. I love collecting pellets as much as I love collecting airguns.

They even had this sample pack of JSB pellets for $19.99.Image

Got one last fall at PA when some mentioned they had JSB pellets! I bought one of each! The sampler is fun!

3 Custom Crosman 2260
Benjamin Discovery .22 w/Joe Hickey stock!
Crosman 150 pistol .22
4 Crosman MK 1 pistol .22
Mrodair CP-1M .22 and .177

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 5:59 pm 

i hate to keep this on topic but.... i bought one of those (like last week) p.a. duck pellet traps and it bent the first time i used it.
.22 sub 500 at ten meters.
they did take it back.

sub 500 .177 Hatsan mod 33 with Quattro trigger open sites

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 6:31 pm 

If it's not less than 200grams and fairly flat (under 19mm) you can ship it in a bubble wrap envelope as bulk letter mail for around $2. I can weld it back on...
But epoxy (JB weld) should hold it well, just rough the surfaces up, give it something to hold.

Michael

gctkaz wrote:
Plinkercases wrote:
4 ducks up for this toy!
I am going to pick another up for sure.
be careful hitting it with a 22 at 10 meters...I need to straighten some of my ducks already on the first one I bought.
Great fun.

Recently the counter-weight broke off of one of my ducks. I need to weld it back on, but I have no welder, and don't know how to weld! Maybe JB Weld can hold it for a while...

Still, those ducks took a beating. Many hours of fun and worth the full price I paid, so $30 is a great deal.

Post subject: Princess Auto
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 8:28 pm 

quickreply7789 wrote:
i hate to keep this on topic but.... i bought one of those (like last week) p.a. duck pellet traps and it bent the first time i used it.
.22 sub 500 at ten meters.
they did take it back.

I agree quickreply7789. That "duck trap" was pretty flimsy. But it might do okay at long range.

Myself I prefer to use the types made for .22 cal firearms. I so enjoy the "ping" of a pellet on a metal spinner target.

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 10:18 pm 

DerekVinyard wrote:
If it's not less than 200grams and fairly flat (under 19mm) you can ship it in a bubble wrap envelope as bulk letter mail for around $2. I can weld it back on...
But epoxy (JB weld) should hold it well, just rough the surfaces up, give it something to hold.

Very kind of you to offer! Unfortunately I have a feeling it will be over-thickness.

I don't know why I didn't think of JB Weld. Usually that is both my first and last resort! Could I even torch solder this?

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 10:44 pm 

mike87gt wrote:
Good point there sureshot, I may have spent more on trying different pellets than the guns themselves :)

IMO most of the airguns available at PA are crap and are overpriced however occasionally I've discovered the Mini Uzi or a SIG Sauer X-Five Open on sale and picked one up.

The sample packs are nice but to be truthful they are slightly more expensive then the single full sized tins. Myself I like collecting the full sized tins.

Okay, okay, that is a sample package of Stoeger pellets in the drawer.
And this is an old pic, my collection has doubled and I now need a separate drawer for each caliber, .177 and .22 cal cal pellets.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:31 pm 

gctkaz wrote:
Recently the counter-weight broke off of one of my ducks. I need to weld it back on, but I have no welder, and don't know how to weld! Maybe JB Weld can hold it for a while...

Somewhat off-topic and necromancy!

So, regarding my broken counterweight, my options were:
1. Exchange at Princess Auto for free
2. Send the paddle and weight to DerekVinyard and have him repair it for $4 postage
3. Buy an arc welder from Princess Auto for $100 and learn to weld

Of course I went with option 3 :) I now once again have 4 ducks ready for punishment!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:34 pm 

gctkaz wrote:
gctkaz wrote:

Somewhat off-topic and necromancy!

So, regarding my broken counterweight, my options were:
1. Exchange at Princess Auto for free
2. Send the paddle and weight to DerekVinyard and have him repair it for $4 postage
3. Buy an arc welder from Princess Auto for $100 and learn to weld

Of course I went with option 3 :) I now once again have 4 ducks ready for punishment!

Need pics to prove it (of the arc welder, as well)... :o

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:34 am 

I haven't been to Princess in over a month now.I went yesterday and found they have a bunch of new stuff.I got a resetting target for fifteen dollars.It's nice to see them adding more stuff for us.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:10 pm 

wllm995 wrote:

Here you go. No close-up of the duck, because I did a terrible job of welding it. It was all spotty before I figured out that I needed to increase the wire feeder wheel tension to make it feed reliably.
Still, super pleased with the gear for a hundred bucks now that I have it working much better. It's on sale for another week and a bit, I think.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:40 pm 

Darn good for a $100 welder! I had one when I lived in Tacoma, WA, before I moved up here. It was a Harbor freight cheapie! It expired after three years of pretty heavy use! Now I have a "more better" one the wife bought me for Christmas!

3 Custom Crosman 2260
Benjamin Discovery .22 w/Joe Hickey stock!
Crosman 150 pistol .22
4 Crosman MK 1 pistol .22
Mrodair CP-1M .22 and .177

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:33 am 

That's bloody fantastic! Every time I think of heading to Canadian Tire to pick something up, I keep having to remind myself that PA is closer, cheaper, and has a much better return policy. :)

Post subject: Princess Auto
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:36 am 

gctkaz wrote:
wllm995 wrote:

Here you go. No close-up of the duck, because I did a terrible job of welding it. It was all spotty before I figured out that I needed to increase the wire feeder wheel tension to make it feed reliably.
Still, super pleased with the gear for a hundred bucks now that I have it working much better. It's on sale for another week and a bit, I think.

Yeah I have to agree that welder makes for pretty sloppy welds. I don't know is all wire feed welders make for messier welds than gas welders or if it's because these cheap welders are made in China.
But if you're not fussy it is a cheap alternative.

Part of my problem is that I'm probably a lousy welder. Bad wire or incorrect wire feed speed.

I also have a Hobart stick welder for heavy steel but never use it.
It was one of my impulse buys. :-/
We're all guilty of that aren't we guys?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:29 pm 

r u guys referring to this: http://www.princessauto.com/en/detail/a ... -p8391963e
or i should go for one like this: http://www.princessauto.com/en/detail/a ... -p8519787e
or this http://www.princessauto.com/en/detail/m ... -p8476392e
how big r they in real life? if i am shooting from 20' away will they be too small? do i need to set on my poles/bars (which r not supplied with)?
i am not a pro. just a casual backyard summer plinker

Tanfoglio Witness
CK 92 Silver
CK 92 Black
Crosman GI 1911
Crosman C41
Crosman 357
Luger P.08 B'back
DW 2.5 Chrm
Makarov Ultr
CYMA 042S
HK MP5