Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:40 am 

saltydog3317 wrote:
He may have done allot of upgrades to that gun and I am sure it is amazing but I would not be caught dead with such an ugly gun. It looks like its from Star Wars. Why are guns looking space age now anyway?

Kevin

Ugly doesn't matter if it shoots straight!
My bench guns were fugly! Raw fibreglass and body filler. I never painted or blued my guns. The shot .25 groups regularly at 100 yds.

3 Custom Crosman 2260
Benjamin Discovery .22 w/Joe Hickey stock!
Crosman 150 pistol .22
4 Crosman MK 1 pistol .22
Mrodair CP-1M .22 and .177

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:43 am 

I understand where you are coming from. I know its all about how it shoots but I just like the look of guns that actually look like traditional guns. That's no knock on the guys who like something different than me I just like the traditional look.

Kevin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:19 pm 

Its a done deal. I have ordered my Weihrauch HW97 K and Hawke Sidewinder 8x32x56.
Hopefully I get it sometime in the coming week. I am very excited to say the least.

Kevin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:34 am 

Congrats, all we need now is Spring to arrive so we can start putting on FT shoots!

CFSC/CRFSC Instructor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:37 am 

saltydog3317 wrote:
He may have done allot of upgrades to that gun and I am sure it is amazing but I would not be caught dead with such an ugly gun. It looks like its from Star Wars. Why are guns looking space age now anyway?

Kevin

For the same reason office chairs no longer look like this,

ergonomics and functionality.

CFSC/CRFSC Instructor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:21 am 

Hmmmmmm..... That's what my computer chair looks like. I had better talk with my Chiropractor. He might have missed Star Wars all together.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:06 am 

dhb is just mad cuz you dissed a blue gun!!!! He thinks if it's blue it must be awesome........

I actually like the gun myself, might see about having my TX200 stock done and anodizing my aluminum scope bits to match. Might not make it shoot better but I'll only think of rainbows and unicorns when I miss a target ;)

Air Arms FTP900
Air Arms TX200 MK III
CFSC/CRFSC Instructor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:16 am 

saltydog3317 wrote:
Hmmmmmm..... That's what my computer chair looks like. I had better talk with my Chiropractor. He might have missed Star Wars all together.

Or he has never heard of lumbar support...

F1 race cars dont look like normal cars either, but I assure you they are much better lol

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:28 am 

I like to buy guns that other people have tuned and set up, because I do not have the tools and skills to do these things myself.

So, thanks to pirellip (HW 97) and bcgunner (HW 98) I own two mighty fine FT rigs that have done better in competition than I'll ever do. I've shot a number of Air Arms TX 200s, and I'd like to have one of those, too, but I'm actually happy with what I have, and just need some time to get into a user phase.

Can't speak for the AA, but I think either the 97 or 98 would be a fine aquisition for you. I'm not a real FT hound, just a dabbler hoping to get better. Once I acquired these guns, all of my other experience with springers just didn't matter much - they are really in a different league. Both really shoot - I can it a dime at 20 yards just about every time with either one of them, just resting the gun on my forearm. Consistently.

Which one? Oh, don't! They're both sensational. I have a little trouble with the ultra-light and responsive trigger that pirellip tweaked on my 97 - I'm just not good enough to shoot it. But I'm not going to touch it - time to learn and get better. I think the 98 is easier to shoot, but my best group so far at 25 yards has been with the 97. Less than 1/4" for 5 shots. But I've done just about as well with the 98.

Guess I'm a lucky guy! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:56 am 
Supporting Member 2009

moltogordo wrote:
est group so far at 25 yards has been with the 97. Less than 1/4" for 5 shots. But I've done just about as well with the 98.
Guess I'm a lucky guy! :mrgreen:

Just wait until you start getting 1/2" at 50! I'm very glad you're enjoying it.

As for the trigger, I suggest you practice shooting with your eyes closed. Just get into your shooting position, relax your yourself, close your eyes and focus on trigger control. Keep doing this and you'll start to build the muscle memory and the sensitivity to feel the stop of the 2nd stage.