Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:22 am 

Has anyone had any experience playing with the power adjusting screw on the AA S410F? From what I understand it exists on all the 4xx series and also the 510(?) rifles. It's located underneath a hex screw on the right side of the rifle here in this picture:
Attachment:
IMG_0203.JPG
IMG_0203.JPG [ 104.48 KiB | Viewed 914 times ]

By underneath I mean you remove the screw in the picture to reveal this "power adjusting screw", which apparently when loosened or tightened will increase or decrease the power of the gun respectively.

I'm asking because I don't have a chronograph so experimenting with it would be for the most part pointless. Also according to Tom Gaylord of Pyramydair, even adjusting the first screw on the surface will have some effect on power - at least for the S400 as that's the one he tested it with. I haven't even removed the screw yet to check if the hidden screw exists on the S410F specifically, because it might adjust the power itself and not having a chronograph = not knowing what kind of changes I'm making. Especially since I just received the gun yesterday from airgunsource, so I'd rather not mess with it just quite yet.

And a picture of the gun because why not
Attachment:
IMG_0201.JPG
IMG_0201.JPG [ 119.93 KiB | Viewed 914 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:31 am 

If you bought the Non-Pal version, 495fps, than your's is not power adjustable.

The FAC models have the power adjustable knob which is a actual knob you can freely turn with your fingers. There is no need for tool.

Again, if you bought the Non-Pal from AGS you cannot adjust power and leave that hex screw alone.

Cheers.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:50 pm 

Hope you are just Maintenance, and not increasing f/s and so enjoy...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myz6tllF0Mw
Have a look at this..

Arsenal..
Kraft Marshmallow Pump and Shoot Rifle.
GoodYear Gatling Gun rubber-band shooter.
PEI Potato PCP Rifle.

Glass ..12" Dobsonian Reflector.
Shooting for the Stars.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:11 pm 

RC wrote:
If you bought the Non-Pal version, 495fps, than your's is not power adjustable.

The FAC models have the power adjustable knob which is a actual knob you can freely turn with your fingers. There is no need for tool.

Again, if you bought the Non-Pal from AGS you cannot adjust power and leave that hex screw alone.

Cheers.

Right, that's what I assumed to begin with. When I read this article and subsequent reports from owners of S410s about the screw I naturally assumed it wouldn't exist on the non-PAL version. It would just be way too easy. But when I received the gun and saw the surface screw in the same position I was admittedly curious if it's the same thing. I don't want to touch it though. The gun shoots fantastically and I have no desire to increase the FPS (it's not like my paper targets are ever going to need it :P) or mess it up somehow. Like I said I haven't even touched the surface screw.

Quote:
Hope you are just Maintenance, and not increasing f/s and so enjoy...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myz6tllF0Mw
Have a look at this..

Thanks for the video! Really enjoyed that, very detailed. Will certainly come in handy in the future.