Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:28 pm 

I bought some p-rod trigger assemblies for adding onto my air pistols. I read that someone had used epoxy putty to fill the groove in the hammer - my solution was to cut a small piece of steel to fill the groove and to braze it in place. The groove needs to be filled or the gun cannot be cocked without pulling the trigger. The two stage trigger really is much better - I also like how the pull can be adjusted. What trigger weight is good for air pistols? I was thinking around 3.5 pounds would be good. I think some people go lighter but that might increase the chance of negligent discharge.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:26 am 

Adjust it to what feels good to you then cock the gun and give it a few good bumps to see if it fires or not if it goes off the back off a bit and try again

Jim

Crosman 2240 stubby
Crosman 116
Crosman Vigilante
Crosman shiloh
Daisy 1140
Beeman p17
ruger mark 1
hatsan supercharger 25 in .22
Crosman 2260
Crosman AS2250
Winchester M14

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:59 am 

Hi,

I've been wondering about trying the p-rod trigger. I was wondering what you get with it - does it come with a grip frame like the 2240 assembly? And the inevitable questions of where from and how much?

Jim

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:17 pm 

EverHopeful wrote:
Hi,

I've been wondering about trying the p-rod trigger. I was wondering what you get with it - does it come with a grip frame like the 2240 assembly? And the inevitable questions of where from and how much?

Jim

I bought mine off of eBay - paid 89.99 bucks US each for them. The whole frame was included, and they all worked fine. It's possible there are cheaper ones out there, but I really didn't look around. The hole spacing and the location of the sear are the same as on the original assembly, so I didn't have to do any modification to the original tube. The holes for the grips are in the same location, so the original grips work.

I've got it set at around 3.5 pounds, which is the single action pull weight that I'm used to. I did the bump test and it seems fine. I tried it with a really light pull and I don't like that as much as a standard pull weight.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:28 pm 

You can also buy a BlueFork design frame for $85. Have one on my 2260 the breaks at 9oz. Set just like a match trigger, very crisp and short.

I know Mauraders have good triggers with just a bit of tuning. The only thing I touched on the Bluefork was the trigger weight screw.

3 Custom Crosman 2260
Benjamin Discovery .22 w/Joe Hickey stock!
Crosman 150 pistol .22
4 Crosman MK 1 pistol .22
Mrodair CP-1M .22 and .177

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:05 pm 

EverHopeful wrote:
Hi,

Jim

I picked up both of my P-Rod trigger assemblies from Eric @ ScopesAndAmmo.....$68 (+ tax/shipping) for the complete trigger frame 8)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:32 am 

sholo wrote:
EverHopeful wrote:
Hi,

Jim

I picked up both of my P-Rod trigger assemblies from Eric @ ScopesAndAmmo.....$68 (+ tax/shipping) for the complete trigger frame 8)

The trigger assembly that i got from Eric also came with the trigger limit screw as well as the ball bearing and spring for the safety.

After a couple of tins of pellets I have to say that I really like the new trigger. This is a truly worthwhile modification.