Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:50 pm 

Hello guys. I was wondering if someone can advise me on some tuning tips for efficiency. I've read plugging the holes on valve helps not waste air. Its a .177 cal and so far groups eun jin 16 gr the best. Next are JSB Kings 13 gr. I tried RWS Superdomes 8.3 gr and H&N FTT 8.64 gr, it shoots them wildy! H&N Barracuda's 10.65 gr pretty good. Overall, this gun shoots the 6 pellets I've tried pretty good I'd say. The 2 lighter ones not as much.

At 21 yards, it put 10 16 gr Eun Jins into a nickel. But groups fall off pretty quickly. Unfortunately, got too dark for a chrony test. So don't know exactly what the guns doing. I do know it's loud. As much as a .22 lr maybe! And groups erratically with 8 gr pellets but nicely with 13-16 gr pellets.

I'm looking to tune it for more shot count and air efficiency and a smoother action. After 20 shots from 200 bar, pressure is down quite a bit compared to the Concept. This gun seems to have a lot of potential. Any advice much appreciated!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:02 am 

The problem with lighter pellet,s in the Pneuma is the speed. much too fast for light ammo. However if you tune it down for better accuracy with light ammo, you will lose much needed power for the heavy ammo. So what do you do? there is a mod for adjusting the hammer spring without removing the stock, however I cant find it right now. all that,s needed is a small hole drilled in the bottom of your stock for the small allen key that stops the hammer from turning while you adjust the hammer spring, and a notch under your safety, for the larger allen key to turn the adjusting screw. And a LONG allen key.Then some testing to find how many turn,s in or out for best accuracy/speed. For this a Chrony is required. As for plugging holes in the valve, personally I have not tried this as I'm happy with the hammer spring adjustment.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:01 pm 

Thanks Joe! Whats your pneuma .177 shooting best? Have you adjusted your spring? The pneuma seems very powerful. Especially in .177. I'd like to tune it for shot count and consistency. If possible, I'd love to try to get 20 shots (2 full clips) of a good extreme spread. With my Brocock, I can get 3 full clips (18 shots) of a spread less than 15 fps which I like. I'll do a chrony run today to see how the numbers are.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:25 pm 

Hammer adjusting, beginning of this thread.... topic48843.html

Bob

Proud Member of the 2000+fps Club!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:26 pm 

I have mine set for 930 fps with jsb 8.4 gr. I just got some 7.3 gr and they travel at 1000 fps, but still damn accurate. Cant remember how many turn,s out for the hammer spring. I get 30 to 40 good shots from 2700 psi down to 1200 psi. I havn, t counted my shots or even shot the Pneuma in a while, so my number,s might not be accurate.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:09 pm 

I ran 3 pellets over the chrony that grouped pretty decent. The JSB 13.4 gr string seems the most calm. I will definitely tune it down a bit as it pushes 10 gr pellets above 1000 fps. Shot count is pretty low for usable shots and the tank is depleted to 150 bar from 200. takes about 10-15 more pumps per refill more depending on pellet compared to the Concept for what seems to be less shots :? . So I definitely want to tune it down some. I'm hoping for 20 consistent shots with what ever pellet shoots well.

Eun Jin 16 gr (17 shot string due to errors)
High- 875 FPS
Low- 823.8 FPS
Average- 847.47 FPS/ 25.52 FPE
Extreme Spread- 51 FPS

JSB Exact Heavy 10.34 gr (19 shots due to error)
High- 1034 FPS
Low- 970.1 FPS
Average- 988.61 FPS/ 22.45 FPE
Extreme Spread- 63.9 FPS

JSB Monster 13.4 gr (Only 16 shots because of error)
High-922.7 FPS
Low- 891.7 FPS
Average- 906.89 FPS/ 24.48 FPE
Extreme Spread- 31 FPS

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:42 pm 

You will probably find that accuracy will be enhanced with pellet velocities closer to 900 fps (or perhaps even a little less) rather than 1000 fps. Pellets become inherently unstable as they approach the speed of sound. It was for this reason -- and to increase shot count -- that I reduced the power on my .177 PCP that was shooting JSB 10.34 gr pellets around 1000 fps.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:16 am 

Tune it down to shoot pellets in the 10 gr range at around 900-950 fps.
And try an air stripper. These guns looove them! They also benefit from a smaller transfer port to not waste air as the factory port is a little on the large side and consumes too much air per shot. The altaros reg for these is a dream as well! The only real way to get true shot to shot consistency.