Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:27 pm 

okay so here it is... i have a tasco 2-6X32 on my 2240, i had this scope on a qb79, phantom, quest and a benji classic and it proved to be very accurate but on the 2240 it seem to shoot waaaaay low and i cant adjust it anymore to bring it up any higher... i thought about shimming the front mount to bring up the poi but not sure what to use? contemplated using electrical tape but thought it may compress over time :( any suggestions? lol as you can see from the pic i have the high-rise scope mounts just to fit this thing on there and still have the gun function but could this be a problem aswell? i can group great with her if i compensate for the massive drop but would like to have function as it should ;)

P.S- i tried it without the brake to see if it made a difference... it didnt lol

Thanks yall!

Last edited by Hacked2Pieces on Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:37 pm 

Camera film and transparent hard plastic packages work well.

Yes put it on the front mount at the bottom and remember not to tighten it too much..

I do not shim though I use Burris Signature rings w/ Pos Align inserts.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:40 pm 

crossliner wrote:

Yes put it on the front mount at the bottom and remember not to tighten it too much..

theres scope mounts in that pic??? i see something mountable lol i know know mind in the gutter but its a nicely centered pic ;)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:41 pm 

Try shimming the back mount if it is shooting too low. Some folks have used camera film for a shim. You can try aluminum from, say, a pop can.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:07 pm 

Try it without the barrel band.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:17 pm 

i had to shim a couple i have had!! :shock:

sub 500 .177 Hatsan mod 33 with Quattro trigger open sites

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:29 pm 

Hacked2Pieces wrote:
crossliner wrote:

theres scope mounts in that pic??? i see something mountable lol i know know mind in the gutter but its a nicely centered pic ;)

Lol! I am sorry sir I misread your post. Yes if it shoots low put the shim on the rear mount. Regards.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:30 pm 

That brass muzzle guard also looks heavy perchance it's weighing down the barrel.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:41 pm 

the brake is quite heavy but found no difference when aiming with and without it down the pipe, i misread the post about shimming and put the makeshift shims (thin pieces of nylon) in the front mount... now i gota patch 3 holes in my wall :( lmao gona shim the rear mount and give it a whirl ;) getting in crap from wifey cuz she says its "to late" and the gun is "to loud" but my excuse is that this is very important research and stuff :twisted: lol and if we were in the U.K the noise wouldnt be a problem cuz they have legal solutions for that... unlike us :( so hi-ho-hi-ho off to punch paper i go ;) see if this makes a difference lol

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:18 pm 

It worked properly on other rifles with(presumably) the same mounts. Seems more likely that the problem is with the receiver or the barrel.
I personally would not shim a scope but would rather correct the problem...I would tweak the barrel....but that's me.

Al

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:21 pm 

problem solved ;) used a 1"X.5"X1/32" piece of nylon to shim the rear mount and BOOM shes back up to the accuracy that i used to have with her :) makes me happy happy happy! who knew such a tiny piece of plastic would make a difference? lol thank you all for the input because id still be scratching me brain on why my poi dropped even more after shimming the front mount lmao

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:25 pm 

Gippeto wrote:
It worked properly on other rifles with(presumably) the same mounts. Seems more likely that the problem is with the receiver or the barrel.
I personally would not shim a scope but would rather correct the problem...I would tweak the barrel....but that's me.

Al

it is the same set of mounts (i think?) and did work wonderfully on the springers and the qb just thought i may have installed it wrong (if at all possible?) right off the get go... ive never had a problem like this before and have no means of "tweaking" my barrel but if ya wana send me one of them purdy .25cal barrels you keep doing up id be glad to give that a try ;) lmao

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:04 am 

Hacked2Pieces wrote:
crossliner wrote:

question is...
why is there a picture of a hot female model in a picture of gun related accessories?? lol
anyone notice how its on his bed?? ahhaha - might wanna change your sheets!!
and yes...who wouldnt mount `That`. :lol:

Blackhawk w/6x32 bugbuster
PRO77 ~ Rebuilt
M4177 TAC (4x32 scope, Laser sight, Flashlight)
Steel storm SMG
MP5 k-PDW SMG TAC (Shoulder strap & 1x30 RDS)
357-Six with custom wood grips
C31
GSG92 - Stripped & Polished

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:19 pm 

Don't want to go off topic here but lol that's my cousin's bed in California :D A week after he came back to the Philippines along w/ my other orders. I had them handcarried or rather baggaged. I buy stuff from the US because they are very expensive here. The 30x Bushnell Elite 6500 is a little over $2,000 here but I got it from amazon for just $870 ( 799 + 71 tax to Cali ) so it's a big diff.

Anyway I am glad your 22xx is hitting right now Mr. H2P :)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:31 pm 

thanks crossliner ;) i didnt mind the eyecandy, educational and entertaining!