Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:36 am 

Just a quick note to anybody installing a hi pac. I discovered last night that often when filling the gun from empty that it,s difficult or impossible to get it started because it seem,s to not be sealing. The problem is the hammer spring pushing on the valve stem. Just cock the gun and it should seal OK. Same with bulk fill adapter,s.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:57 am 

thanks for posting.. I haven't had that problem yet. what about long term use, do you recommend doing anything?

"When Obi-wan talked about the darkside of the force who knew he was referring to windows...?"

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:59 am 

Would the stock stem seal hold up against the increased pressure from HPA?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:07 pm 

TriggerHappy416 wrote:

yes! HPA tank stock pressure is the same as CO2 around 850psi :wink:

joe hickey wrote:
Just a quick note to anybody installing a hi pac. I discovered last night that often when filling the gun from empty that it,s difficult or impossible to get it started because it seem,s to not be sealing. The problem is the hammer spring pushing on the valve stem. Just cock the gun and it should seal OK. Same with bulk fill adapter,s.

Joe did you change or lighten the valve spring by any chance ?
I ask this because after lightening the valve spring on my 2289 i have to cock it first before i can pump it.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:09 pm 

I think it would be higher because the HIPAC is not regulated like paintball tanks.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:29 pm 

HiPac is a PCP adapter and not NOT an HPA system.

HPA is as mentioned a regulated air or n2 system at CO2 pressures. Typically 850psi

PCP can be whatever the gun is designed for. Stock valves will likely fail above 1500psi. Stems arecheap so no big loss. A delrin stem would solve that.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:30 pm 

my bad, but you said HPA i thought you meant your bottle. :wink:
TriggerHappy416 wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:14 pm 

doublevision wrote:
thanks for posting.. I haven't had that problem yet. what about long term use, do you recommend doing anything?

I never let it get below 600 psi. most times I keep it at 2000 psi. I never go above that. the hammer wont open the valve anyway unless you have a strong spring, then it becomes hard to cock and I even bent a cocking handle once. plus it was WAYYYY over legal.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:21 pm 

TriggerHappy416 wrote:

When I was testing my 2240 to see what the Hi Pac was capable of, IE more power, I shredded the stem seal. I made a new seal for the stem as well as the valve seal from one of those rubber bendable action figures. The rubber is pliable enough for a great seal and hard enough to withstand the high speed air flowing past it. The arms on the action figure are the right diameter in places, enough for a half dozen seals. But the ones I put in my gun a year ago are still working great.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:25 pm 

Ace wrote:
TriggerHappy416 wrote:

joe hickey wrote:
Just a quick note to anybody installing a hi pac. I discovered last night that often when filling the gun from empty that it,s difficult or impossible to get it started because it seem,s to not be sealing. The problem is the hammer pushing on the valve stem. Just cock the gun and it should seal OK. Same with bulk fill adapter,s.

I ask this because after lightening the valve spring on my 2289 i have to cock it first before i can pump it.

I have to disagree with Ace. I run my Hi Pac at 2000 psi. I did not change the valve spring, only the hammer spring.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:31 pm 

joe hickey wrote:
TriggerHappy416 wrote:

When I was testing my 2240 to see what the Hi Pac was capable of, IE more power, I shredded the stem seal. I made a new seal for the stem as well as the valve seal from one of those rubber bendable action figures. The rubber is pliable enough for a great seal and hard enough to withstand the high speed air flowing past it. The arms on the action figure are the right diameter in places, enough for a half dozen seals. But the ones I put in my gun a year ago are still working great.

LOL that's an interesting material selection for a stem seal 8)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:32 pm 

joe hickey wrote:
Ace wrote:
TriggerHappy416 wrote:

joe hickey wrote:
Just a quick note to anybody installing a hi pac. I discovered last night that often when filling the gun from empty that it,s difficult or impossible to get it started because it seem,s to not be sealing. The problem is the hammer pushing on the valve stem. Just cock the gun and it should seal OK. Same with bulk fill adapter,s.

I have to disagree with Ace. I run my Hi Pac at 2000 psi. I did not change the valve spring, only the hammer spring.

I run mine at 1800PSI and no issues whatsoever
I have to cock mine first or it wont fill... I was wondering why it was not shooting and it was cause it did not even fill :oops: :oops:
But that is something very minor IMHO

I love mine :drinkers:
Brennan 8)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:47 pm 

TriggerHappy416 wrote:
joe hickey wrote:
TriggerHappy416 wrote:

LOL that's an interesting material selection for a stem seal 8)

Because I didn't want to go through the trouble of tracking down and paying ridiculess prices for o ring,s and shipping, I simply looked around the house for some rubber that was harder than o ring rubber. The little superman figure was just lying around and was the perfect choice. My grandson never missed it. :oops:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:10 pm 

joe hickey wrote:
Ace wrote:
TriggerHappy416 wrote:

joe hickey wrote:

lol...Joe if you read my second reply i thought TH416 was talking about HPA tank, after all he did say HPA and not Hi-pack, two deferent animals bud :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:16 pm 

Sorry Ace. I noticed it too late.