Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:51 pm 

Hey Edmonton<500
My previous post came to mind after reading your last post and you wanting a longer barrel for your .177 for easier pumping. I assumed you meant 1 pump with mid to high 400ft/s performance. Just got me thinking in that direction ... :) :?:

Where I moose hunt, the partridge tend to only walk 10-15 feet off of the trails and are happy to stand behind some brush or under a tree and watch you go by. They must think that they're invisible? Anyways, lots of time to load and pump, not a problem. The real issue at hand is me, and praticing enough to be able to reliably hit a quarter at 20-25'. :wink: This fall will be my first go at it.

I usually hunt late in the season and temps are typically between -20c and -5c. I don't have any experience with CO2 guns in cold weather but I've read that the cold weather makes them loose power and perform inconsistently where pneumatics have more reliable performance. A plus for me as I am currently already inconsistent. :lol:

I do have a 2240 but haven't thought about using it for that reason. I currently use it mainly for practice (much needed) due to the quick shooting and no pumping. :D

open

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:54 am 

I carried a Whamo Wrist-Rocket and a bunch of 3/8 ball bearings. Got a partridge or ruffie every time.

3 Custom Crosman 2260
Benjamin Discovery .22 w/Joe Hickey stock!
Crosman 150 pistol .22
4 Crosman MK 1 pistol .22
Mrodair CP-1M .22 and .177

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:21 pm 

Nice! That sounds like it might be a good alternative to packing a pistol. 8) Thanks for chiming in.

open

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:57 pm 

opensight wrote:
Nice! That sounds like it might be a good alternative to packing a pistol. 8) Thanks for chiming in.

open

also carrying a pistol to shoot game is illegal, just an FYI!

3 Custom Crosman 2260
Benjamin Discovery .22 w/Joe Hickey stock!
Crosman 150 pistol .22
4 Crosman MK 1 pistol .22
Mrodair CP-1M .22 and .177

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:51 pm 

Sorry, I guess I should have been more specific. By "pistol", I was refering to my Alecto (non RPAL) as stated in my original post. In Ontario it is legal to hunt partridge with it. Not sure about elsewhere.

open

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:56 pm 

The Alecto is an incredible pistol! The only pistol that has never left my collection since the day it was delivered.

Additional barrel length sure makes these pistol perform, mine puts 10.3gr heavies at 350ish with one pump.

Smith & Wesson 686
Hatsan AT44MW-10 .177
Daisy 953S

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:08 am 

You can pump the Alecto and have it ready to put a pellet in. It will hold air for a long time.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:19 am 

look on the Uncle Mikes web site. You might find a holster there.