Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:27 pm 

Sorry, wont be posting any pics. This is not one of the new cheapo 760s with the plastic reciever halves, this is one of the old ones with brass bolt & Zamac receiver halves.

The Crosman parts diagram section of the Crosman USA website shows it as this variant:

Quote:
Pneumatic, .177 cal, pellet/BB repeater, Styrene stock & wood forearm. Self cocking steel or brass bolt.

This one has a styrene forearm though.

Here is the link to the parts diagram for my rifle:

http://www.crosman.com/pdf/manuals/C760 ... &%20PL.pdf

A pretty simple rifle to work on, the only thing that bothers me is the lack of cooperation for getting the seals kits, and it seems that Crosman service centers in Canada hire (?) to talk on the phones.

I had a hard time making out this old parts diagram, not sure what part is which from this old line drawing.

In any case, the part I may need is a small brass piece with an o-ring on the inside diameter, and it has an o-ring on the outside diameter, so from this old ink drawing, the part I need might be: 140A056.

Not sure what the problem with Crosman Canada is, they seem to be always holding out and hoping you relent and send in your rifle for service. Not really interested in that, just interested in getting the relevant part.

I guess my next stop will be the crooked barn people. Bryanac does not ship north any more.

**** EDIT****

I put the rifle together leaving out all the bb feed parts as I don't like the idea of dumping bb's in the rifle & maybe forgetting to remove them after a shooting session. The bb feed mechanism does not interlock with the rifle action in any way I can tell, so it should not affect the operation of the rifle.

As the rifle is self-cocking, maybe I didn't pump it up enough, or maybe the little brass part I was referring to has failed.

While watching this youtube video (below), he mentioned this little brass sealing part fails quite often on these old self cocking Crosman 760 rifles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9Jn218kFTA

Cheers and thanks for any information you can give.

PS: I have a Healthways Plainsman pistol for sale, looking for an honest buyer for her. :p

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:04 pm 

check with Eric at http://scopesandammo.com/ he might have what your looking for, I if its was I'm thinking you need a square type o ring cant remember the exact name of it at the moment, you may get away with a normal rounded o-ring I think its a .004 or .005 or close to that, you'd need to remove the old one and size it up. :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:06 pm 

The part you are trying to repair is 130-057. It takes a Quad-ring inside and an O-ring out side. The old Q-ring is probably rock hard and will need to be carefully removed with a dental pick, most likely in pieces. :mrgreen: Quad rings can be found at many hydraulic shops.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:42 pm 

oooorrrrr like in the 130 i rebuilt a while back the rear brass piece on the valve (the one in question) is on backwards... i got the 130 and it would not pump up or fire but i switched the piece around and cha-ching it worked ;) try that first before ordering parts lol its hard to tell which way it goes from the diagram but itll only work 1 way... its worth a try and worse comes to worse you can say youve exhausted your options and Eric will be able to rig a reseal kit up for ya!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:27 am 

Big Bore Bart wrote:
a Quad-ring . .

yep thats the name that was eluding me :oops: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:30 pm 

Thanks all ! :)