Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Re: Help leaking valve?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:14 am 

What happened to the stem, did you carve out the exhaust port with it still in place?.... If so, you probably filled the valve up with swarf....

Bob

Proud Member of the 2000+fps Club!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:27 pm 

Yes I did have it still in there whilst drilling :oops: I didn't know to fully remove the valve from the tube, it's threaded in there and needs either a special tool to unthread, or a 'technique' I found out. So I drilled before actually removing the stem. I thought I could drill it out carefully upside down to prevent debris from gathering. Think a good wash with water and a few blasts of dust-off should help? I will also try the drill technique today, if I understood how to do it from you guys correctly?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:49 pm 

Mind posting a picture of the tool! Will help other who are going to disassemble theirs!!! :D

3 Custom Crosman 2260
Benjamin Discovery .22 w/Joe Hickey stock!
Crosman 150 pistol .22
4 Crosman MK 1 pistol .22
Mrodair CP-1M .22 and .177

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:09 pm 

:lol: Sure thing Rick! But I don't think a picture is needed? I use 2 thin screw drivers and stick them into those 2 pin holes on the valve face, then twist/cross the screw drivers to unthread the valve. You must remove the plastic tube in there first though.

It works like a charm for its simplicity. But Gerard told me of what sounds like a better idea! Find some kind of bar that fits in the cylinder and file/grind one end of the bar so 2 pins protrude and fit into the pin holes in the valve nicely with a t-handle of some sort on the other end. I don't have the ability or tools to make that but I was desperate to get that valve out (I had to get it out)! So I thought of the 2 screw drivers, it's a little finicky but works!

I will post a picture on here just so it's out there. Try googling info on these Brococks and you don't find much info! Very under-rated guns!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:58 pm 

Well just wanted to report, I think I did the toothpaste trick correctly? And I also tried something else along with it. I placed a shim behind the valve spring to apply more pressure to seat, then I counter-acted that with an equal width shim behind the hammer spring. I don't know of the repercussions from it and I don't know the results over the chrony because of it yet because...

It sealed the valve and no apparent air is coming from there or the barrel, but now I've got a leak on the charging fill port side now! :evil:

I hope it's just a case of not cleaning that end plug up good enough before reassembled. One note- I can feel the extra force needed to pull the bolt back.

:| Disassemble again and try to figure out how the fill port is leaking now. Any ideas?