Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:41 pm 

i re-assembled the bottom trigger parts in 3 steps, took a pic of each, they only fit in one way, you can use the first diagram(pic) i sent to know in what orientation they go in, needle nose pliers is a must, putting in the first part is tricky but doable

Attachments:
1.JPG
1.JPG [ 116.88 KiB | Viewed 236 times ]
2.JPG
2.JPG [ 187.55 KiB | Viewed 236 times ]
3.JPG
3.JPG [ 222.31 KiB | Viewed 236 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:49 pm 

robipaul wrote:
i re-assembled the bottom trigger parts in 3 steps, took a pic of each, they only fit in one way, you can use the first diagram(pic) i sent to know in what orientation they go in, needle nose pliers is a must, putting in the first part is tricky but doable

That's what I've been doing but I might have had the first part reversed. There is a dimple stamped in it, and from what I see in the first pic, the dimple need to be pointing away from me, raised bump on the other side? If that's correct then, I know all me problems have been because of Part #55. Did you see what I meant in my pic about the spring fitting between part #55 and the actual safety? That's not correct it it? There is a metal tab that the spring hits against, it doesn't actually sit against the safety like it seems to in my pic?

Jim

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:21 pm 

Here is some more stuff you help you guys. It's easier the 2nd time...
http://www.pyramydair.com/schematics/rw ... ontent.asp
and

Duke ))))----//----------==

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:33 pm 

Roussfam wrote:
robipaul wrote:

That's what I've been doing but I might have had the first part reversed. There is a dimple stamped in it, and from what I see in the first pic, the dimple need to be pointing away from me, raised bump on the other side? If that's correct then, I know all me problems have been because of Part #55. Did you see what I meant in my pic about the spring fitting between part #55 and the actual safety? That's not correct it it? There is a metal tab that the spring hits against, it doesn't actually sit against the safety like it seems to in my pic?

Jim

in your pic part 59 and 60 are oriented correctly, is you put part 60 upside down, then that would be the problem, the little dimple of part 60 is supposed to be bumping against part 55 yes, as for the safety slide, save yourself a lot of problems, use your plastic safety to hold it in place straight while your install the top spring and half moon retainer, trying to do this without it is :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:41 pm 

robipaul wrote:
Roussfam wrote:
robipaul wrote:

Jim

in your pic part 59 and 60 are oriented correctly, is you put part 60 upside down, then that would be the problem, the little dimple of part 60 is supposed to be bumping against part 55 yes, as for the safety slide, save yourself a lot of problems, use your plastic safety to hold it in place straight while your install the top spring and half moon retainer, trying to do this without it is :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Just went back in the garage, and this time, it goes together like clockwork, tried it out and it works perfectly......

Thanks a lot for everybody's help and patience!

Jim

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:46 pm 

Congratulations
Harry

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:47 pm 

no prob

i knew what Joe and Harry were saying was right, but its hard to explain without pics :)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:39 pm 

After I had taken the bolt out of the barrel/compression tube pivot, and removed the trigger/safety assembly, I found I could get the stock spring to move by pressing on the end with my thumb. So I put it in the vice as shown, pushed against the compression tube and the two retaining pins slid out easily, not much pressure.

BUT

When I reassembled with the Vortek PG2 Kit the spring was a lot stiffer and took more effort. It took all I had to get the holes to line up, but they were still just a bit off, I couldn't get the first pin in. Trying to line it up/rotate it and keep pressure on it was a bit much, a recipe for injury so I grabbed a drill bit that was a smaller diameter than the pins, pushed again and slid the drill bit in. Now the spring was compressed and couldn't fly out. Then I only had to push a bit to line up the holes perfectly and insert one pin, remove the drill bit and insert the other pin. Actually was a piece of cake. I was all freaked out about hearing I needed a spring compressor and I searched the net and looked at home made set ups. I'm glad I didn't waste time making one in advance.

Jim

Attachments:
Vice.JPG
Vice.JPG [ 331.1 KiB | Viewed 209 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:32 pm 

Kind of late....but....did I really have to disassemble the trigger to install the Vortek kit? I realize I would have had to come up with a different way to compress the spring if not.

Jim

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:03 pm 

Roussfam wrote:
Kind of late....but....did I really have to disassemble the trigger to install the Vortek kit? I realize I would have had to come up with a different way to compress the spring if not.

Jim

not really, thought you took it apart to tune it, i took my airhawk apart a few times, and that's the PAL one, so a long and thick spring, i use a long F clamp as my spring compressor, and because i do it with with the plastic safety in the trigger assembly, i have to offset my clamp a bit because of that, a bit on the hazardous side, bit it does work

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:53 pm 

robipaul wrote:
Roussfam wrote:

Jim

not really, thought you took it apart to tune it, i took my airhawk apart a few times, and that's the PAL one, so a long and thick spring, i use a long F clamp as my spring compressor, and because i do it with with the plastic safety in the trigger assembly, i have to offset my clamp a bit because of that, a bit on the hazardous side, bit it does work

Thanks, I'll know next time...

Jim