Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 3:55 pm 

blarg wrote:
As Ted notes in video, they double as a medium-extra high scope mount and offer more adjustment then one will need.

The rail simply is not an option as I noted due to magazine.

Whats the magazine got to do with it, you have the rail made to suit the application and fit of the dovetail along with whatever tilt or adjustability.

Wonder where FX got that idea from, this was March 2012 http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL15/728 ... 357364.jpg

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 8:22 am 

blarg wrote:
I knew I hadn't settled on an answer when I did nothing to purchase a solution.
Here's why I didn't:
Ted breaks it down in a video:
http://tedsholdover.com/2014/05/08/fx-no-limits-scope-mounts/

I see them available linked there (AOA), but shouting out to vendors for a source in Canada, and a reason to order these badass rings in.
Ted makes it look easy, but from all accounts, these ARE easier then just about anything else out there.
WANT.

Whenever these come in, they will be on backorder again quickly.

Evanix AR6
Webley Alecto
AA s510
AA TX200HC

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 1:05 pm 

rrdstarr wrote:
jgoodz420 wrote:
Would be nice if the FX rings allowed for windage adjustment too, if you have any substantial side-to-side mis-alignment they will become unusable.

Good to see more adjustable mounts hitting the market though, there are not too many of these availible, especially for 30mm scopes

I think you'd have too many screws moving for a stable mount then! If you need windage, the old Redfield system works good on their one piece mount for centrefire rifles!

Quite agree due to the way they were designed it needs the top screw tightened which will strengthen the lower. On there own theyre flimsy, bolted up theyre as one just like above link 38 months ago. Credit where its due.
To get lateral movement as well it would need to be a lot higher or cumbersome to set up I still have the first one March 2011 with interchangeable Picatinny or proper cut dovetail.

Seen a few Sportsmatch ATP66 used, they must hold zero.

The Hawke at bottom looks like its made by Sportsmatch.
If the front and rear is not lockable, it will shift. Also looks like the spacing is rather narrow between the rings.

Other point worth mentioning is the dovetail on the actual rifle, there is no standard for manufacturers and the main cause of grief.
So if you know some one that has mounts to fit rifle used and are stable and clamp up well, choose that producer.
If a scope is way off to right or left it could be many things, ignoring rifle it often is the actual scope not necessarily a cheap one. So don't rule that out.

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 4:13 pm 

Your right on the dovetail consistency Jon! Too many variations! Too shallow is the biggest culprit. That and the clamp on the mounts is rounded and barely grabs the shallow dovetails. I have at times recut the moveable bar on the mounts to have a sharp edge to grab the porrly made dovetail!

I like the standardization of the Picatinny rail. Easy to make and everything that says Picatinny fits Picatinny!

also if the mount doesn't have a lock screw, shifting does occur, or at least it will, eventually!

3 Custom Crosman 2260
Benjamin Discovery .22 w/Joe Hickey stock!
Crosman 150 pistol .22
4 Crosman MK 1 pistol .22
Mrodair CP-1M .22 and .177

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 7:49 am 

Jon wrote:
jgoodz420 wrote:
Would be nice if the FX rings allowed for windage adjustment too, if you have any substantial side-to-side mis-alignment they will become unusable.

Good to see more adjustable mounts hitting the market though, there are not too many of these available, especially for 30mm scopes

Quite agree due to the way they were designed it needs the top screw tightened which will strengthen the lower. On there own theyre flimsy, bolted up theyre as one just like above link 38 months ago. Credit where its due.
To get lateral movement as well it would need to be a lot higher or cumbersome to set up I still have the first one March 2011 with interchangeable Picatinny or proper cut dovetail.

Seen a few Sportsmatch ATP66 used, they must hold zero.

The Hawke at bottom looks like its made by Sportsmatch.

I was weary of the Sportsmatch AOP55 but its holding fine so far, and I see have people using them and the ATP65/66's too. I also bought a set of ATP55's but havent used them yet so can't speak to that...

I will say adjusting those Sportsmatch mounts is no fun as you must remove the entire mount/scope to adjust elevation, the FX has the upper hand in that regard, but the Sportsmatch gives much finer adjustments and also has a secondary locking screw. The windage adjustment on the Sportsmatch is very easy and also allows for precise adjustments.

The FX rings would be great for shooting Non-PAL to 100yds 8)