Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: 1377 trigger mod
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:40 am 

I am new to the world of airgun mods but wished to make the trigger on my 1377 lighter.

I did the polishing of the sear and it seemed to help a bit and was looking to do something more, something easy as my skills are not the best (my better half always tells me this, and I have to agree, in this case!).

Then I tried compressing the sear spring but I guess not only am I all thumbs, but weak thumbs, because I didn't notice any difference.

Next I found a weaker spring to place under the sear but after trimming it found it did not sit well.

Finally came across the mod of placing a used 22 shell at the top of the spring to help with the spring/sear contact.

Worked like a charm.

Attachments:
IMG_0565.jpg
IMG_0565.jpg [ 19.72 KiB | Viewed 802 times ]
Spring+shell.png
Spring+shell.png [ 217.22 KiB | Viewed 802 times ]

Beeman P-17
Hatsan Mod 25
Umarex Beretta PX-4

Post subject: Re: 1377 trigger mod
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:48 am 

Without taking the hammer out to polish contact surfaces, a handy trigger mod (next step for this) I suggest is a bit of heat shrink tubing.
Find a piece that is just a bit shorter then the total length of the spring when compressed (trigger pulled) and slide it on spring, up over 22 case and reinstall.
If the shrink tubing is a good fit, it will support the spring vertically and act as a trigger stop ( a soft one, but recognized on follow through).
If the fit isn't perfect, slowly shrink tubing to tighten it up. You should still be able to remove spring afterwards but it lets you go very light and not have spring sproing sideways inside grips, disrupting your shooting fun.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:41 pm 

Thanks B. for the suggestion. I'll see what I can do.

I had noticed that the spring was now bending outwards a bit. I am guessing that is what you mean by sproing!

Beeman P-17
Hatsan Mod 25
Umarex Beretta PX-4

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:00 am 

I too am relatively new to modifying Crosman air guns, but I can give some insight as to what works well, and what doesn't.

The stock trigger is not so great, requiring significant effort to fire the gun. Removing and sanding/polishing the sear, replacing the spring, and using frog lube on the surfaces helps significantly. Replacing the sear with this

http://scopesandammo.com/storefront/pro ... sear-p-324

produced a much better result than the polished standard sear.

You can also replace the trigger assembly with the p-rod trigger assembly. This is a superior two stage trigger, but the hammer needs to be modified to work correctly with this trigger assembly. The Marauder hammer fits into the same tube as the 2240, but the 1377 and 1322 have a smaller diameter tube, therefore the hammer must be modified to work - the groove in the hammer must be filled in. I cut out the area on my hammer with a dremel tool, then brazed in a piece of steel, but others have used glue/filler to do this.

In my opinion, the extra effort and cost to install the p-rod trigger is worth it. Although it's not on his website, you might want to ask Eric if he has any p-rod assemblies available if you wish to do this mod.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:08 am 

blarg wrote:
Without taking the hammer out to polish contact surfaces, a handy trigger mod (next step for this) I suggest is a bit of heat shrink tubing.
Find a piece that is just a bit shorter then the total length of the spring when compressed (trigger pulled) and slide it on spring, up over 22 case and reinstall.
If the shrink tubing is a good fit, it will support the spring vertically and act as a trigger stop ( a soft one, but recognized on follow through).
If the fit isn't perfect, slowly shrink tubing to tighten it up. You should still be able to remove spring afterwards but it lets you go very light and not have spring sproing sideways inside grips, disrupting your shooting fun.

That's cool Blarg! Never heard that one? I have lots of shrink tubing from 4X4 days!

Anyone ever made the setup that is on the 1700 pistol?
25 NS1200-016 Spring
26 2300-039 Nut, Spring Spacer
27 2300-038 Spring spacer

or for the 1720T?

3 Custom Crosman 2260
Benjamin Discovery .22 w/Joe Hickey stock!
Crosman 150 pistol .22
4 Crosman MK 1 pistol .22
Mrodair CP-1M .22 and .177