Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: 38T repair
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:34 am 

My 1966 Crosman 38T .22 has been "repaired" unsuccessfully, by here un-named members, who came to my rescue. It now has a x-threaded valve body and and the tube assembly leaks. Really want to keep this old friend but needs those components. Contact me if you can help. Thanks!!!

Post subject: Re: 38T repair
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:20 am 

talk about a strange intro, :?
how about a proper into first before you continue, then you just might get the proper help your looking for. 8)
And why bother mentioning the part of "has been "repaired" unsuccessfully, by here un-named members" if you don't want to put a name in there why bother even using it in your sentence. :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:39 am 

scopes and ammo most likely has the part you need to replace.

He has full seal kits listed but I also ordered valve block and piercing block and tube assembly from Eric I believe. You may need to email him with the specifics. You can do it yourself or send the old friend to him fro his TLC.. he is a Crosman repair guy as well as parts.

http://scopesandammo.com/storefront/product_info.php/crosman-model-38-seal-kit-p-583

And as Ace says we look forward to "meeting" you in the introduction section and folks can welcome you to the forum. We all try to help where we can and sometimes we all make mistakes I guess but don't give up on us!

http://plinkercases.ca/

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:12 pm 

You may also as another option try.

http://randrairgunrepair.com/

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:16 pm 

Ya I guess it help to know where you are NairB ? so we can steer you to closer parts and repair sources.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:12 pm 

Thanks to those who replied with a positive and encouraging message. I'm senior "Senior" living in Red Rock, Ontario, about an hour east of Thunder Bay. I was certainly not going to name anyone who tried to help me but was unable to repair the pistol. I appreciated their attempts. So, aside from those two components, there is nothing elsewrong with the unit. Again, any help is appreciated.

Nairb

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:10 pm 

scopes and ammo is in Ottawa area so shipping would be too crazy if you wanted him to fix it up.
good luck

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:23 pm 

Nairb wrote:
Thanks to those who replied with a positive and encouraging message.Nairb

don't take the above the wrong way all i was saying is if you just introduced yourself and then added i have a 36T that needs some repair any help would be appreciated, would have been a lot better than saying ("has been repaired unsuccessfully, by here un-named members")
thats all i was trying to say, welcome and enjoy your stay Nairb. :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:34 pm 

I have successfully repaired a valve that a so called expert from this forum cross threaded.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:38 pm 

people are sending me private messages asking why I posted my response and why I didn't name the person.My point here is just because a self proclaimed expert says he can repair your pistol,and then can't,doesn't mean it can't be repaired.It just means he can't.This sounds a lot like the situation I was involved in.A old timer sent his pistol for repair,the so called repairer sent it back to him saying it couldn't be fixed and needed a valve.He said that because when I got the pistol,it was obvious he had destroyed it.I did successfully repair the gun.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:45 am 
Supporting Member 2009

I have no idea about people's situations with different guns/repairs/'experts' or whatever- but sometimes it is true that a particular gun just isn't worth repairing based on the amount of damage and/or parts required. I personally have encountered people being told something is not "worth" repairing to mean it is "not repairable". Anything is repairable, the question is how much effort and money is required to do it.

Guns come in here periodically that are cross-threaded in different places, missing hard-to-find parts and such, and the bottom line is some are just not worthwhile when such a gun in A-1, mint condition might be worth $125.00 (not suggesting anything in particular... model 44's).

And, for whatever reasons I can't explain, the model 38 seems to be a common model people try to repair, cross-threading the Co2 tube fitting inlet and then using whatever handy household adhesive seems to be laying around to 'fix' it. Stripped barrel screw heads are also another "favorite" home repair result.

Please note: I do not conduct business through Private Messages (PM's) in online forums. Please do not send a 'PM" with a business-related question.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:06 am 

Thanks for all your comments. This is all new to me so appreciate any advice from all you knowledgeable Airgunners!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:57 pm 

"http://stevespages.com/pdf/crosman_factory_service_manual_all.pdf"

Crosman 2240 stubby
Crosman 116
Crosman Vigilante
Crosman shiloh
Daisy 1140
Beeman p17
ruger mark 1
hatsan supercharger 25 in .22
Crosman 2260