Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Crosman parts in Canada?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:29 pm 

What is the easiest and/or cheapest way to purchase Crosman parts in Canada? Specifically a 1701P Trigger Group 2220-103 and a 1377 Striker (hammer) 1322C005.

I'm new to the sport, and have done much reading, but at 70 years old I'll be long dead before I could cover all the info out there. :)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:34 pm 

lleader wrote:
What is the easiest and/or cheapest way to purchase Crosman parts in Canada? Specifically a 1701P Trigger Group 2220-103 and a 1377 Striker (hammer) 1322C005.

I'm new to the sport, and have done much reading, but at 70 years old I'll be long dead before I could cover all the info out there. :)

Eric at Scopesandammo.com

3 Custom Crosman 2260
Benjamin Discovery .22 w/Joe Hickey stock!
Crosman 150 pistol .22
4 Crosman MK 1 pistol .22
Mrodair CP-1M .22 and .177

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:16 pm 

rrdstarr wrote:

Been to that website before posting here. He doesn't have the parts I want listed.

I read of a place called Gravel Agency. Anyone used them for Crosman parts? Recommendation?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:21 pm 

Gravel is awesome. Have your part #'s ready.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:40 pm 

lleader wrote:
rrdstarr wrote:

Been to that website before posting here. He doesn't have the parts I want listed.

Welcome to the forum, lleader.

Just curious (and not trying to be a smart a$$ either) but did you contact Eric directly or just look at the products listed on his site? Reason I ask is he has TONS of stuff that is not listed...and if he doesn't have it, he can get it in a hurry.

I have bought a few P-Rod grip frames from him now, along with a whole bunch of other stuff that wasn't listed. Just click on the "Contact Us" option in the lower, left hand corner of the page and ask away! He normally replies right away.

Good luck!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:17 pm 

sholo wrote:
lleader wrote:
rrdstarr wrote:

Welcome to the forum, lleader.

Just curious (and not trying to be a smart a$$ either) but did you contact Eric directly or just look at the products listed on his site? Reason I ask is he has TONS of stuff that is not listed...and if he doesn't have it, he can get it in a hurry.

I have bought a few P-Rod grip frames from him now, along with a whole bunch of other stuff that wasn't listed. Just click on the "Contact Us" option in the lower, left hand corner of the page and ask away! He normally replies right away.

Good luck!

Todd is 100% correct! He has every little part you'll need!

3 Custom Crosman 2260
Benjamin Discovery .22 w/Joe Hickey stock!
Crosman 150 pistol .22
4 Crosman MK 1 pistol .22
Mrodair CP-1M .22 and .177

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:20 pm 

Check This fellow also.

http://randrairgunrepair.com/

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:36 pm 

Thanks for the comments/suggestions guys. Right now I'm probably more interested in finding out prices, to determine how attractive trying out some do-it-yourself polishing and spring compressing etc is by comparison.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:02 pm 

Made business about a year ago with Gravel Agency, first class service in my book. :wink:

Glock G17 6mm
SW M'n'P 40, Crosman 357 6'', SA 1911 TRS
Brodax 44, M1911A1 twin barrel 6mm.
M1911 Dragon 7'' Hi-Capa6mm, M1911 twin Hi-Capa
H'n'K USP. DT4 Nemesis 6mm

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:23 pm 

Scoping prices can be done online for those items that gravel can offer.
Eric has a much better grasp on how things fit together and what other items you may need then Gravel does as well as access to items that Gravel may say do not exist simply because their source may not offer it.

That said, look up your part numbers here:
http://www.crosman.com/cs/manuals
Then search for your model or part numbers (2240, 2250, 1322, etc) here:
http://store.onlinecamp.com/en/catalogsearch/
Using the search entire store function - have your exploded view and part numbers from previous search handy.
Be prepared for vague part numbers which may never be explained by folks less in the know like gravel.
They are a friendly helpful bunch, but they are a parts center not an airgun expert.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:53 pm 

lleader wrote:

As others have mentioned scopesandammo.com. Some things aren't on the web site, but he can get the goods for you.

The P-Rod trigger is a worthwhile modification, but you have to fill the groove in the hammer so that you can cock the 1377 without pulling the trigger. If you search the forum you can find where others have done this mod.

If you're dissecting your 1377 or 1322, the flat top piston modification is also worthwhile. The steel breech modification is good if you want to mount a scope, or use better iron sights.

One other modification path you may wish to take is this:
http://scopesandammo.com/storefront/pro ... sear-p-324
combined with this:
http://scopesandammo.com/storefront/pro ... ring-p-426

I have a 2240 that I put these parts into, and while it's not as good as the p-rod trigger, it's very much improved over the stock trigger.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:28 pm 

tpark wrote:
The P-Rod trigger is a worthwhile modification, but you have to fill the groove in the hammer so that you can cock the 1377 without pulling the trigger. If you search the forum you can find where others have done this mod.

If you're dissecting your 1377 or 1322, the flat top piston modification is also worthwhile. The steel breech modification is good if you want to mount a scope, or use better iron sights.

One other modification path you may wish to take is this:
http://scopesandammo.com/storefront/pro ... sear-p-324
combined with this:
http://scopesandammo.com/storefront/pro ... ring-p-426

I have a 2240 that I put these parts into, and while it's not as good as the p-rod trigger, it's very much improved over the stock trigger.

Thanks for the comments, tpark.

In my OP I listed a new hammer as one part I wanted, to be able to fill the groove in it and still have a stock part available. The piston replacement is on the back burner as I only will be firing the gun in my basement at a max distance of 23 feet, so the stock power is more than adequate.

I do intend to do something about better sights. I wear bifocals and do not have any experience with other sight options so don't know what I want/need. I don't want to spend a lot of money. So laser, red dot, or optical? I will probably put on a steel breech to mount the better sights, but the combo is beginning to add up in price.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:24 pm 

I have progressive lenses so I know where you are coming from. If you get the steel breech, you can get a red dot sight for relatively cheap. If you are used to iron sights you may be able to get away without changing the breech. I modified a 1377 with a piston from a 1322, brass trigger, a modified spring from Rona, and some careful polishing of the trigger surfaces. This shoots much better than it did originally, but it isn't super great. For basement plinking at 23 feet it will be fine. It may not have quite enough oomph to flip over certain targets meant for .22 air guns.
If you spend the 45 bucks or so on the steel breech, you can get the lpa mim rear sight which is around 50 bucks, a willams notch sight for about 95 bucks(very nice) but you may want to get a longer bolt handle since the sight is quite large and a longer handle makes it easier to work the bolt. As others have noted, it is also possible to use the existing sight with some filing. The Pursuit scopes that you can get from Bass Pro work OK but can interfere with the barrel band or the pellet loading area. The pursuit red dot is about 80 bucks and works well, but i don't know how long the 2032 battery lasts.
I find it easier to hit the target if it is well lit.

I like the Williams notch and the red dot sights - i shall post images in the gallery later.