Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:11 pm 

Hi, wondering if anyone has come across a problem with Diana's t05 trigger. My wifes 240 classic acted up today and I'm not sure why. It seems that now and then she would cock the thing and go to shoot and the trigger would not work. the gun would be cocked and if you would break the barrel again as if cocking it again then it would fire. it must be something she is doing because I would take it and could shoot 20 shots give it back to her and right away it would do it again. At first I thought she was maybe pulling the trigger when she had cocked it or that she was pushing the safety in to hard. but that was not the cause. The last thing I thought was maybe it is because she is holding the gun straight up and down when she breaks the barrel and when she closes it, maybe the trigger has to be in a level to the ground position, but we had left the range and could not test that idea out. Has anyone come across this problem before. This trigger is on a number of Diana's gun. Help or ideas would be appreciated. Thanks

Post subject: Re: t05 trigger problem
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:28 am 

You can test the trigger without actually shooting it by cocking the barrel. While holding the barrel down in the fully cocked position firmly, take the safety off, make sure you get a good grip on the trigger hand too and pull the trigger. If the trigger worked, then you would feel the force of the spring trying to push the barrel back to closed position. Just gradually guide the barrel back to the closed position. Your gun is uncocked and you can repeat this as many times as you want.

Please be make sure you don't loosen your grip both hands while pulling the trigger (expect the gun to react when you pull the trigger).

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 4:06 pm 

Well we got a chance to go shooting a few days ago and what I supected was happening was with this trigger. For some reason hold the gun vertical was causing the problem. She shot for an hour and a half sitting at our old table which is lower and the gun did not acted up once. I wrote Diana and they thought I should have the gun looked at by a gunsmith but we are going to keep an eye no it for now.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 4:28 am 

It might have a spring broke or out of place. It's been a while so I can't remember the exact details of the moving parts, but I believe one of the parts could still work w/o a spring if gravity did the work. That would explain your situation... Aside from being annoying, it's also risky because if the part doesn't fall into place far enough it might fire unexpectedly. I don't just mean firing a shot either, but having the barrel slam closed while you're loading it. Fingers could be at risk, but what is almost certain is a bent barrel... I would open it up first thing and fix it, if not I would not let the barrel out of my firm grip.
Not sure how strong your wife is, or how fast her reflexes are, but ponder if you're willing to risk her fingers and/or the barrel before it's fixed.

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 12:12 am 

Well we did a little more shooting and the gun started acting up again, so I took it back to wholesale sports where we got it from. Left it with them in a couple of days and they contacted me and gave a few avenues to decide on, one was to refund our money so I did that and then simply ordered another. Came in, in a few days, and fingers crossed, will be fine for years to come. Still do not know what was wrong with the first gun but thinking that it maybe always had a problem just took a little time to show itself, I do remmember when we ordered it, it had been opened by somebody as it was not wrapped from factory, (replacement was), so maybe someone had dry fired it in the store they had brought it in from, though if it had a broken main spring I would think it would have acted up differently. Anyways the wife has a new gun, and we mounted the scope and sighted it in yesterday. Happy wife happy life.
(p.s. still very happy with the diana guns my 240 is the same gun and has been shot probably twice what hers had and I have had no problems)

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 8:24 am 

scottw wrote:
I do remmember when we ordered it, it had been opened by somebody as it was not wrapped from factory, (replacement was), so maybe someone had dry fired it in the store they had brought it in from...

Not always a death sentence, but having a previously opened anything could mean trouble - especially in big stores where they don't know squat about the product. Anyhow, glad you got a new one factory sealed.
The first one may have been opened (the action, not just the box) by someone, and then returned in "new" looking condition... then back on the shelf for the next buyer.

Duke ))))----//----------==