Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours


The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

 

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.








Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 1:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:46 pm
Posts: 2814
Location: Canada
Voltar1 wrote:
Did you get those from KG?
Those wrenching marks have KG written all over them.

:lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 2:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:34 pm
Posts: 1155
Location: Vernon BC
:lol: Yes guys, I need a wider variety of tools! :oops:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 2:17 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:34 pm
Posts: 1155
Location: Vernon BC
jgoodz420 wrote:
M3ga3T wrote:
rrdstarr wrote:
You aren't using vice grips on those fittings are you? PLEASE by some proper combination wrenches!


:oops: :oops: :oops: :lol: Pliers! I know, I know I shouldn't cut corners or be cheap when it comes to tools! They do look banged up huh? Well the foster was like that already, I did mess up the Brocock one a bit... Ok it's rough looking!


X2 a small investment in tools will pay for itself in lack of headaches and damaged parts very quickly

Here are a couple thing to watch at CT, they always go on sale...

I got this 26pc wrench set for $34 :shock:
http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/maste ... 8500p.html

This 200pc screwdriver kit for $40 is on sale right now, I strongly suggest this to anyone in need of tools, there is a lot of stuff in there, for the price you will not a find better deal, simple as that. Also keep in mind the 100pc kit is normally $130 :shock: :shock: If I didnt already own one I would be driving there right now :lol:
http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/maste ... 4389p.html


Thanks for the heads up Joel. I only have a massively overpriced Home Hardware here that never has sales! :x


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 5:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:35 pm
Posts: 3099
Location: Alberta Canada
Gippeto wrote:
Voltar1 wrote:
Did you get those from KG?
Those wrenching marks have KG written all over them.

:lol:

x :lol: :lol:

_________________
May the cry of the pack be with you upon your hunt

Whitewolf


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 6:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:19 pm
Posts: 8976
Location: Coalmont BC
They both look like parallel threads to me, not tapered.... It is possible that one may be 1/8"-27 NPS (National Pipe Straight) and the other 1/8"-28 BSPP (British Standard Pipe Parallel).... Only a thread gauge will tell you for sure....

Bob

_________________
Dominion Marksman Silver Shield - 5890 x 6000 in 1976, and downhill ever since!
Airsonal;
Too many! Springers, Pumpers, CO2, but I love my PCPs and developing them!
Proud Member of the 2000+fps Club!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 3:43 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:34 pm
Posts: 1155
Location: Vernon BC
Well received a tapered adapter again for my Hill pump. :| Not the issue here...

I have a few questions though. After disassembling the received adapter, the other side revealed a non-tapered, sealed thread! So after reassembling the adapter with the non-tapered side to connect to the pump it is a success.

Is this a safety issue? Seeing as the tapered side won't fully thread into the female thread of the adapter, but does seem to seal with the bonded seal in between them, even though the bonded seal isn't sandwiched?
Would JB Weld or alike within the 2 adapter threads itself, not in the hose female threads/to connect hose to adapter (where the bonded seal sits now), help the situation as a permanent bond/seal for the adapter?

I can pump the gun via the quick fill now, after reversing male threads of the adapter. It appears to be sealing but my questions are out of pure safety only. I have pumped from 2100 to 2400 psi only to see if it is sealed.

I hope you were able to follow me through that :lol: Otherwise, if I lost you but you are kind enough to investigate further, I can PM pictures to show you exactly what I mean.

Please no links or "I told you so!" to the correct part. I now know where to get it :lol: (thanks 2240mod for the link!) I'm just curious to whether my readjustment of the adapter is safe or my suggested solution is safe (or even necessary?).

Thanks again for the all the help I received!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 3:59 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:34 pm
Posts: 1155
Location: Vernon BC
rsterne wrote:
They both look like parallel threads to me, not tapered.... It is possible that one may be 1/8"-27 NPS (National Pipe Straight) and the other 1/8"-28 BSPP (British Standard Pipe Parallel).... Only a thread gauge will tell you for sure....

Bob


Thanks Bob. Something I don't have though :oops: But in person, the first adapter and this new one do look tapered for sure. They both get noticeably wider near the bottom of the threads as opposed to the Brocock adapter, until I switched male threads around. Then its a perfect fit like the Brocock's.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 2:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:34 pm
Posts: 1155
Location: Vernon BC
Alright after pumping, the gun's gauge reads 3000 PSI but the Hill pump reads 2500 PSI. So it may be the fact that I just readjusted the adapter and it isn't fully sealed. Thats a huge difference :shock:

I don't think what I did is safe or I just need to keep track of the pressure while pumping by watching the guns gauge and disregard the pump gauge for now. :?

Best fittings it is.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 6:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:49 am
Posts: 6029
Location: Victoria, BC and Clarkston, WA
M3ga3T wrote:
Alright after pumping, the gun's gauge reads 3000 PSI but the Hill pump reads 2500 PSI. So it may be the fact that I just readjusted the adapter and it isn't fully sealed. Thats a huge difference :shock:

I don't think what I did is safe or I just need to keep track of the pressure while pumping by watching the guns gauge and disregard the pump gauge for now. :?

Best fittings it is.


Laz, Pipe threads only go 3-5 turns in! The tapered ones! As long as your going female to male tapered your fine! Just make sure you not going BSP(British straight pipe) to NPT(National Pipe thread tapered).

Get the Kit from BestFittings that has one female and three females. More then likely you will have a few more PCP's!

_________________
-Rick
Pardini K10
Brocock Concept .22
3 Custom Crosman 2260
Benjamin Discovery .22 w/Joe Hickey stock!
Crosman 150 pistol .22
4 Crosman MK 1 pistol .22
Mrodair CP-1M .22 and .177


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 7:57 pm 
Offline
Supporting Member 2009
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:37 am
Posts: 3468
Location: Out There
M3ga3T wrote:
After disassembling the received adapter, the other side revealed a non-tapered, sealed thread! So after reassembling the adapter with the non-tapered side to connect to the pump it is a success.


I believe the vendor of your most recent adapter said he was rather ill and specifically came in to the office to put together this adapter and nothing else- so it was obviously put in threads reversed. There is no "safety" issue- the worst case scenario if anything went wrong there would be a leak around the threads.

_________________
www.scopesandammo.com/storefront



Please note: I do not conduct business through Private Messages (PM's) in online forums. Please do not send a 'PM" with a business-related question.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 8:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:34 pm
Posts: 1155
Location: Vernon BC
rrdstarr wrote:
M3ga3T wrote:
Alright after pumping, the gun's gauge reads 3000 PSI but the Hill pump reads 2500 PSI. So it may be the fact that I just readjusted the adapter and it isn't fully sealed. Thats a huge difference :shock:

I don't think what I did is safe or I just need to keep track of the pressure while pumping by watching the guns gauge and disregard the pump gauge for now. :?

Best fittings it is.


Laz, Pipe threads only go 3-5 turns in! The tapered ones! As long as your going female to male tapered your fine! Just make sure you not going BSP(British straight pipe) to NPT(National Pipe thread tapered).

Get the Kit from BestFittings that has one female and three females. More then likely you will have a few more PCP's!


Thanks Rick, now I know! Sorry for being a 'noob' at all this! :lol:

AirGunEric wrote:
M3ga3T wrote:
After disassembling the received adapter, the other side revealed a non-tapered, sealed thread! So after reassembling the adapter with the non-tapered side to connect to the pump it is a success.


I believe the vendor of your most recent adapter said he was rather ill and specifically came in to the office to put together this adapter and nothing else- so it was obviously put in threads reversed. There is no "safety" issue- the worst case scenario if anything went wrong there would be a leak around the threads.


Thanks Eric! Totally understable! I'm just grateful I got the part now! :D And confirmation what I did was safe! And alright, it's fully sealed and an excellent part!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 11:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:22 pm
Posts: 2394
Location: Stavely, Alberta
Voltar1 wrote:
Did you get those from KG?
Those wrenching marks have KG written all over them.


Just about makes a guy weep.

Sad

DaveD :D

_________________

"To anger a conservative, lie to him. To anger a liberal, tell him the truth." ~ Theodore Roosevelt


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 1:12 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:34 pm
Posts: 1155
Location: Vernon BC
blade57 wrote:
Voltar1 wrote:
Did you get those from KG?
Those wrenching marks have KG written all over them.


Just about makes a guy weep.

Sad

DaveD :D


Somebody has some personal issues if he :cry: over tools. :lol:

If it was the bluing on a TX200, different story.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group

phpBB SEO