Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 1:10 pm 

Voltar1 wrote:
Did you get those from KG?
Those wrenching marks have KG written all over them.

:lol:

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 2:15 pm 

:lol: Yes guys, I need a wider variety of tools! :oops:

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 2:17 pm 

jgoodz420 wrote:
M3ga3T wrote:
rrdstarr wrote:
You aren't using vice grips on those fittings are you? PLEASE by some proper combination wrenches!

:oops: :oops: :oops: :lol: Pliers! I know, I know I shouldn't cut corners or be cheap when it comes to tools! They do look banged up huh? Well the foster was like that already, I did mess up the Brocock one a bit... Ok it's rough looking!

X2 a small investment in tools will pay for itself in lack of headaches and damaged parts very quickly

Here are a couple thing to watch at CT, they always go on sale...

I got this 26pc wrench set for $34 :shock:
http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/maste ... 8500p.html

This 200pc screwdriver kit for $40 is on sale right now, I strongly suggest this to anyone in need of tools, there is a lot of stuff in there, for the price you will not a find better deal, simple as that. Also keep in mind the 100pc kit is normally $130 :shock: :shock: If I didnt already own one I would be driving there right now :lol:
http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/maste ... 4389p.html

Thanks for the heads up Joel. I only have a massively overpriced Home Hardware here that never has sales! :x

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 5:27 pm 

Gippeto wrote:
Voltar1 wrote:

:lol:

x :lol: :lol:

Whitewolf

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 6:48 pm 

They both look like parallel threads to me, not tapered.... It is possible that one may be 1/8"-27 NPS (National Pipe Straight) and the other 1/8"-28 BSPP (British Standard Pipe Parallel).... Only a thread gauge will tell you for sure....

Bob

Proud Member of the 2000+fps Club!

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 3:43 am 

Well received a tapered adapter again for my Hill pump. :| Not the issue here...

I have a few questions though. After disassembling the received adapter, the other side revealed a non-tapered, sealed thread! So after reassembling the adapter with the non-tapered side to connect to the pump it is a success.

Is this a safety issue? Seeing as the tapered side won't fully thread into the female thread of the adapter, but does seem to seal with the bonded seal in between them, even though the bonded seal isn't sandwiched?
Would JB Weld or alike within the 2 adapter threads itself, not in the hose female threads/to connect hose to adapter (where the bonded seal sits now), help the situation as a permanent bond/seal for the adapter?

I can pump the gun via the quick fill now, after reversing male threads of the adapter. It appears to be sealing but my questions are out of pure safety only. I have pumped from 2100 to 2400 psi only to see if it is sealed.

I hope you were able to follow me through that :lol: Otherwise, if I lost you but you are kind enough to investigate further, I can PM pictures to show you exactly what I mean.

Please no links or "I told you so!" to the correct part. I now know where to get it :lol: (thanks 2240mod for the link!) I'm just curious to whether my readjustment of the adapter is safe or my suggested solution is safe (or even necessary?).

Thanks again for the all the help I received!

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 3:59 am 

rsterne wrote:
They both look like parallel threads to me, not tapered.... It is possible that one may be 1/8"-27 NPS (National Pipe Straight) and the other 1/8"-28 BSPP (British Standard Pipe Parallel).... Only a thread gauge will tell you for sure....

Bob

Thanks Bob. Something I don't have though :oops: But in person, the first adapter and this new one do look tapered for sure. They both get noticeably wider near the bottom of the threads as opposed to the Brocock adapter, until I switched male threads around. Then its a perfect fit like the Brocock's.

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 2:10 pm 

Alright after pumping, the gun's gauge reads 3000 PSI but the Hill pump reads 2500 PSI. So it may be the fact that I just readjusted the adapter and it isn't fully sealed. Thats a huge difference :shock:

I don't think what I did is safe or I just need to keep track of the pressure while pumping by watching the guns gauge and disregard the pump gauge for now. :?

Best fittings it is.

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 6:16 pm 

M3ga3T wrote:
Alright after pumping, the gun's gauge reads 3000 PSI but the Hill pump reads 2500 PSI. So it may be the fact that I just readjusted the adapter and it isn't fully sealed. Thats a huge difference :shock:

I don't think what I did is safe or I just need to keep track of the pressure while pumping by watching the guns gauge and disregard the pump gauge for now. :?

Best fittings it is.

Laz, Pipe threads only go 3-5 turns in! The tapered ones! As long as your going female to male tapered your fine! Just make sure you not going BSP(British straight pipe) to NPT(National Pipe thread tapered).

Get the Kit from BestFittings that has one female and three females. More then likely you will have a few more PCP's!

3 Custom Crosman 2260
Benjamin Discovery .22 w/Joe Hickey stock!
Crosman 150 pistol .22
4 Crosman MK 1 pistol .22
Mrodair CP-1M .22 and .177

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 7:57 pm 
Supporting Member 2009

M3ga3T wrote:
After disassembling the received adapter, the other side revealed a non-tapered, sealed thread! So after reassembling the adapter with the non-tapered side to connect to the pump it is a success.

I believe the vendor of your most recent adapter said he was rather ill and specifically came in to the office to put together this adapter and nothing else- so it was obviously put in threads reversed. There is no "safety" issue- the worst case scenario if anything went wrong there would be a leak around the threads.

Please note: I do not conduct business through Private Messages (PM's) in online forums. Please do not send a 'PM" with a business-related question.

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 8:30 pm 

rrdstarr wrote:
M3ga3T wrote:

Best fittings it is.

Laz, Pipe threads only go 3-5 turns in! The tapered ones! As long as your going female to male tapered your fine! Just make sure you not going BSP(British straight pipe) to NPT(National Pipe thread tapered).

Get the Kit from BestFittings that has one female and three females. More then likely you will have a few more PCP's!

Thanks Rick, now I know! Sorry for being a 'noob' at all this! :lol:

AirGunEric wrote:
M3ga3T wrote:
After disassembling the received adapter, the other side revealed a non-tapered, sealed thread! So after reassembling the adapter with the non-tapered side to connect to the pump it is a success.

I believe the vendor of your most recent adapter said he was rather ill and specifically came in to the office to put together this adapter and nothing else- so it was obviously put in threads reversed. There is no "safety" issue- the worst case scenario if anything went wrong there would be a leak around the threads.

Thanks Eric! Totally understable! I'm just grateful I got the part now! :D And confirmation what I did was safe! And alright, it's fully sealed and an excellent part!

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 11:50 pm 

Voltar1 wrote:

Just about makes a guy weep.

Sad

DaveD :D

"To anger a conservative, lie to him. To anger a liberal, tell him the truth." ~ Theodore Roosevelt

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 1:12 am 

blade57 wrote:
Voltar1 wrote:

Just about makes a guy weep.

Sad

DaveD :D

Somebody has some personal issues if he :cry: over tools. :lol:

If it was the bluing on a TX200, different story.