Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 8:51 pm 
Supporting Members

The only way I have found is to push down on the latch release/Pull the trigger/Brace the barrel between my legs and hope I don't lose a finger.
Otherwise I have to either dry fire it, or put a pellet in it and go down to my basement range and fire it.
Is there any other way to de-cock these guns??

Im addicted to brake fluid..........but I can stop anytime....

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 10:01 pm 

I'm not sure why you would want to decock it? If you forgot to put a pellet in it, just re-open the gun and put a pellet in it and it's good to be fired no?

You can’t buy a single airgun for everything. Golfers use many different clubs, airgunners need more than one gun

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 10:03 pm 

notec wrote:
The only way I have found is to push down on the latch release/Pull the trigger/Brace the barrel between my legs and hope I don't lose a finger.
Otherwise I have to either dry fire it, or put a pellet in it and go down to my basement range and fire it.
Is there any other way to de-cock these guns??

How in the heck does it get cocked without putting a pellet in it and when you are not in a place to shoot it?

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 10:17 pm 
Supporting Members

Im getting ready to change the barrel out for another. In order for me to see what screws I need to remove I have to open the gun which cocks it. Unlike my other springers that I can safely hold the barrel and pull the trigger to return the gun to the un-cocked setting, these guns have a well designed safety :mrgreen: that will only allow it to be fired to release the spring pressure.

If there is an easier way to remove the barrel without having to cock the gun, I would love to know. I have had the gun a short time and havent had the chance to tear it apart.

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 1:13 am 

Put a felt cleaning pellet in and shoot the trash can!

3 Custom Crosman 2260
Benjamin Discovery .22 w/Joe Hickey stock!
Crosman 150 pistol .22
4 Crosman MK 1 pistol .22
Mrodair CP-1M .22 and .177

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 8:31 am 

notec wrote:
Im getting ready to change the barrel out for another. In order for me to see what screws I need to remove I have to open the gun which cocks it. Unlike my other springers that I can safely hold the barrel and pull the trigger to return the gun to the un-cocked setting, these guns have a well designed safety :mrgreen: that will only allow it to be fired to release the spring pressure.

If there is an easier way to remove the barrel without having to cock the gun, I would love to know. I have had the gun a short time and havent had the chance to tear it apart.

There is no safe way to uncock this pistol... just insert a pellet or felt cleaning pellets and fire into a safe backstop.
Look at the front of the pistol at the bottom - there is a set screw that secures the main pivot pin in place. Loosen this screw, push the main pivot out, and remove the top half / upper frame / cocking lever of the pistol (whatever you want to call it). The cocking link slides out of the main tube at the front where the cutouts are wider. Do whatever you'd like with barrel swapping...etc. Reverse the process to reassemble. No need to swap the barrel with the gun cocked - that would not be safe.

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 8:54 am 

notec wrote:

So you needed to know how to change a barrel in a HW45/P1, why didn't you just ask about it? The more details you give when you ask a question the best the answer will be.

You can’t buy a single airgun for everything. Golfers use many different clubs, airgunners need more than one gun

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 9:28 am 
Supporting Members

KevinS wrote:
notec wrote:

There is no safe way to uncock this pistol... just insert a pellet or felt cleaning pellets and fire into a safe backstop.
Look at the front of the pistol at the bottom - there is a set screw that secures the main pivot pin in place. Loosen this screw, push the main pivot out, and remove the top half / upper frame / cocking lever of the pistol (whatever you want to call it). The cocking link slides out of the main tube at the front where the cutouts are wider. Do whatever you'd like with barrel swapping...etc. Reverse the process to reassemble. No need to swap the barrel with the gun cocked - that would not be safe.

Thanks!! Thats what I was thinking :D , but like I said, in order for me to see what I needed to do I had to look at how it operated. Which involved me lifting the barrel/breach. It was a catch .22(lol I had to use that pun)

Thanks for the input guys.

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 9:29 am 
Site sponsor and moderator

There are a few tricks to disassembling the Weihrauch HW45 pistol
http://my.tbaytel.net/coopers/HW45Revie ... Y_&_TUNING

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 11:26 am 

I fired one of those felt cleaning pellets from my .22 HW98 - what a racket - had to be almost EXACTLY like dry firing the gun. Fortunately for me, it did not damage the gun. I will never fire one of those felt pellets again, without a lead pellet behind it.

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 11:38 am 
Supporting Members

under500fps wrote:
There are a few tricks to disassembling the Weihrauch HW45 pistol
http://my.tbaytel.net/coopers/HW45Revie ... Y_&_TUNING

Thank you Rene......thats the article I was looking for!!! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 1:54 pm 

Daryl wrote:
I fired one of those felt cleaning pellets from my .22 HW98 - what a racket - had to be almost EXACTLY like dry firing the gun. Fortunately for me, it did not damage the gun. I will never fire one of those felt pellets again, without a lead pellet behind it.

I believe you're supposed to fire several felts at once in a springer, although I've never used them.

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 2:02 pm 

KevinS wrote:
Daryl wrote:

I believe you're supposed to fire several felts at once in a springer, although I've never used them.

I've always put a pellet behind the felt(s) - so no problem with not enough weight.

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 2:37 pm 

Daryl wrote:

Never just one my friend! I use three and the first one is oiled! I do that to the Hurricane before storage!

3 Custom Crosman 2260
Benjamin Discovery .22 w/Joe Hickey stock!
Crosman 150 pistol .22
4 Crosman MK 1 pistol .22
Mrodair CP-1M .22 and .177

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 2:49 pm 

Saying "I use 3 felt pellets with the first one oiled so that I'm not dry-firing my springer, would have been a very good suggestion.

I know it's a small point, but the same erroneous suggestion has been printed before - Oh - just use a felt pellet to clean your rifle barrel - NOT- it's LOUD and nasty and can damage your rifle. I understand NOW and of course, did that only once. Now, I use a pellet as well as a cleaning pellet and that works just fine.