Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Airforce Mods?
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 2:31 am 

I thought I'd try asking here first because this is my preferred hangout/forum to be at! :)

I was wondering if any Airforce owners here have done the 'o ring tophat' mod? To supposedly help with air wastage ala blocking holes in the Pneuma's valve.

I am looking to buy a performance, quick change tophat and restricters from talon tunes down the road to help detune this beast (again ala a .177 Pneuma/AT44 8)).

But have read about placing an o ring on the tophat to effectively achieve the same thing.

What about venting the bushing? I hear that helps with recoil. Because my Condor .25 recoils hard!! I thought my Brocock gained "recoil" going from 18 FPE to 25 FPE. That's nothing compared to the Condor .25. :shock: And the power is set at 1 on the wheel and 2 on the horizontal 'power gauge'.

Hopefully someone can chime in and maybe even just tell me what mods they did to their talon/condor. :D Thanks!

This gun just has me grinning, even long after shooting it. :mrgreen:

Got to add I'm a "if it aint broke, mod it" kinda guy :lol:

Post subject: Re: Airforce Mods?
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 3:33 am 

You are a very sensitive shooter to feel "Recoil" in a PCP.
At power wheel setting at 1! on an AirForce Rifle.
If you want to know what to do with a AirForce, Give Randy Hub a PM Or Voltar.
""What about venting the bushing? I hear that helps with recoil."" Where did you read that?
http://talontunes.com/shop/vented-barrel-bushing/
The venting of the "Front Bushing" is for quietening/report of the Rifle in the SS model.
That is another whole subject.
Most stuff are..Heaver Hammer(Talon Tune, http://talontunes.com/shop/condor-hamme ... ification/)
Top Hat..http://talontunes.com/shop/quick-change-top-hat/
For Scope... http://www.rlairgunsupply.com/airgun-ac ... rail-base/
Replace to a better stock...http://www.rlairgunsupply.com/maddog-st ... ma-stocks/

Hope you got "Deep Pockets, that is Full of Coins".

Arsenal..
Kraft Marshmallow Pump and Shoot Rifle.
GoodYear Gatling Gun rubber-band shooter.
PEI Potato PCP Rifle.

Glass ..12" Dobsonian Reflector.
Shooting for the Stars.

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 2:07 pm 

:lol: I thought I've read about the recoil being tamed that way? And I shoot a lot through a scope cam. This AF .25 kicks like my old .22 which we'd use to shoot a lot. Not much but certainly "noticeable" for an airgun.

Maybe I confused that with a different mod?

I haven't touched anything yet besides PW. And wiped everything down.

:lol: The mods you can do to this platform is insane. The 'better' ones need to be bought, but there is some diy mods I'll be experimenting with like the o ring on the tophat and adjusting top hat protusion.

I am planning on a Mad Dog for sure. particularly the Bulldog Ambi. My girlfriend seen it and the price and wasn't really phased :mrgreen: Thats a good sign. In fact she was very impressed because I showed her my Condor stock for a comparison.

The top hat with restrictors seems to be one of the best, first mods to a stock Condor.

First things first though, gotta find its pellet!

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 2:48 pm 

some to try for sure are the Beeman Crow Magnum, Beeman Kodiak , RWS SuperDome, H&N Baracuda and JSB King or Predator Polymag :wink:

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 2:56 pm 

The Condor seems to come from the factory shooting on the "hot" side. You can adjust the top hat for less fps and a stem polish is also free. Every shooter seems to like different settings so try all the settings and keep notes. And yes I have tried an o-ring behind top hat, it could probably be considered just a step in learning how the Condor shoots and reacts to adjustments.
Keep us posted with your adjustments and results.

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 3:05 pm 

Ace wrote:
some to try for sure are the Beeman Crow Magnum, Beeman Kodiak , RWS SuperDome, H&N Baracuda and JSB King or Predator Polymag :wink:

Thanks! I have Cudas and Predators atm to try. But will definitely get more. Those black mambas seem deadly but overkill for my application :lol:

Watertown wrote:
The Condor seems to come from the factory shooting on the "hot" side. You can adjust the top hat for less fps and a stem polish is also free. Every shooter seems to like different settings so try all the settings and keep notes. And yes I have tried an o-ring behind top hat, it could probably be considered just a step in learning how the Condor shoots and reacts to adjustments.
Keep us posted with your adjustments and results.

Thanks! I will post results.

Just been raining and windy here. Not the best weather to be sitting outside with the chrony :(