Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Re: Hipac Owners
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 4:17 pm 

Faster pellet= less shots. Heavier pellet= less speed. A 14.3 gr pellet travelling at 600 fps =11.42 foot pounds energy. Plenty for pesting out to 50 yds. I find with my hi pac that, 1500 psi, with a heavier hammer spring, and 2 extensions holds approx 55cc of air, will yeild 20 good shots, but the first 5 are below 550 fps due to the valve lock mentioned above. Under 500 fps will yeild considerably more. I managed to get 49 shots with my sling Hammer setup. A heavier hammer spring also requires a steel bolt and handle. Brass will break in no time.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 6:20 am 

Doublevision I go between 1800-2000psi with the valve pinned in three locations. 2260 much heavier hammer spring, not the red one supplied with the Hi-Pac.

Joe you care to share what your Sling Hammer looks like?

3 Custom Crosman 2260
Benjamin Discovery .22 w/Joe Hickey stock!
Crosman 150 pistol .22
4 Crosman MK 1 pistol .22
Mrodair CP-1M .22 and .177

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 12:21 pm 

I'd like to see this sling shot hammer as well :wink: . I replaced the hammer spring with one out of my 2289, still somewhat getting the same results but the adjuster is not in as far.(2000psi or less) My thought last night was the hipac should be used in a smaller caliber gun and get an hpa tube for my 2260. :roll:

"When Obi-wan talked about the darkside of the force who knew he was referring to windows...?"

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 8:32 pm 

I find my hiPac works best with a 1800 psi fill. If you want more shots add an extension

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 9:24 pm 

rrdstarr wrote:
Doublevision I go between 1800-2000psi with the valve pinned in three locations. 2260 much heavier hammer spring, not the red one supplied with the Hi-Pac.

Joe you care to share what your Sling Hammer looks like?

the slingshot hammer , as I call it, is not really a slingshot hammer. Merely a short heavy hammer spring so that the hammer does not rest on the valve stem, no pre load, when the hammer flies foreward it opens the valve but has no hammer bounce thus saving air. The problem is getting just the right spring.