Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 2:26 pm 

I live in Vancouver, and i've already bought a few airguns from the website replicaairguns.com

The thing is though, they charge quite a bit of shipping. ($15 to be exact)

I was wondering if any airgun enthusiasts in Vancouver can recommend me some retail stores that sell air guns in Vancouver? I know Canadian Tire, Walmart, and Army & Navy sell airguns, but i'm trying to expand my choices.

Thanks!

PS: If you can also recommend websites that have free (or really cheap) shipping to Canada, that would be great!

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 5:02 pm 

Many of the American Air Gun stores ship free in USA. You could pick up in Port Roberts and bring across the border. Declare and pay duty on items. I live in a border community and do it all the time. You need your PAL if the gun is over 500. You can't import restricted weapons.
John

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 5:10 pm 

Replica AirGuns site says the store is located in Vancouver. Is it possible to physically go to the store and buy direct?

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 5:17 pm 

Don't know if these guys have a store you can go into, but great selection, I think they are in Van? http://www.dlairgun.com/

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 5:21 pm 

M3ga3T wrote:
Don't know if these guys have a store you can go into, but great selection, I think they are in Van? http://www.dlairgun.com/

No store front! Went chasing it a few years back!
The are web/phone only like SSSO.
Great to deal with!

3 Custom Crosman 2260
Benjamin Discovery .22 w/Joe Hickey stock!
Crosman 150 pistol .22
4 Crosman MK 1 pistol .22
Mrodair CP-1M .22 and .177

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 5:29 pm 

Penage Guy wrote:
Replica AirGuns site says the store is located in Vancouver. Is it possible to physically go to the store and buy direct?

Quote:
Can I pickup my order from you directly to avoid shipping costs?
Sorry but we do not have a retail store for customers to visit as we are online based only.

HTH

Brent beat me to it... :lol:

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 5:46 pm 

rrdstarr wrote:
M3ga3T wrote:

No store front! Went chasing it a few years back!
The are web/phone only like SSSO.
Great to deal with!

Thanks for the confirmation!

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 10:18 pm 

No, Replica Air Guns doesn't have a retail store. Online orders only, unfortunately. Although i've dealt with them numerous times in the past and they have great customer service. The guy who created the website, Michael Kaye, even has his own Youtube channel where he reviews like 90% of the guns he sells on the site.

So, do you guys know of any airgun retail stores in the Vancouver area? or possibly websites with free shipping to canada?

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 10:26 pm 

inigo_151 wrote:
No, Replica Air Guns doesn't have a retail store. Online orders only, unfortunately. Although i've dealt with them numerous times in the past and they have great customer service. The guy who created the website, Michael Kaye, even has his own Youtube channel where he reviews like 90% of the guns he sells on the site.

So, do you guys know of any airgun retail stores in the Vancouver area? or possibly websites with free shipping to canada?

You'll never see free shipping to Canada! We are 34 million vs the US and 320 million people. The US has better buying power.

AND you'll still have to pay12% tax plus broker fees from UPS and FedEx! Your just gonna have to suck it up and buy Canadian like we all do on this board!

3 Custom Crosman 2260
Crosman 150 pistol .22

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 11:10 pm 

rrdstarr wrote:
You'll never see free shipping to Canada! We are 34 million vs the US and 320 million people. The US has better buying power.

AND you'll still have to pay12% tax plus broker fees from UPS and FedEx! Your just gonna have to suck it up and buy Canadian like we all do on this board!

I was just seeing if anyone knew of a website that offered free shipping, if it was at all possible that a website would offer free shipping in Canada. Although, recently, i've come to the realization that there might not even be any. Approximately $15+ shipping on every order I make can quickly add up, and any amount of money that I can save would be great. I see your point though.

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 10:58 am 

This one is in your area & free shipping over $99.

http://www.camouflage.ca/

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 11:29 am 

Reliable on Fraser between 16th and 17th has a couple of airguns. Haven't been there in a while (though it's 4 blocks from me) but last I saw they had a Turkish-made Webley Tempest and some Umarex over lever cocking thing, I think. And a few break-barrel air rifles. Mostly a firearms store though. They have a few kinds of pellets as well.

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 4:14 pm 

CO2retired wrote:
This one is in your area & free shipping over $99.

http://www.camouflage.ca/

A store in Victoria! Will have to check it out sometime!

3 Custom Crosman 2260
Crosman 150 pistol .22

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 11:44 pm 

Replica Airgun's flat shipping rate of $15 is the best rate I've seen in Canada. So is their 30-day, store-replacement warranty.

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 4:54 pm 

You're not going to find much interesting from local stores, and certainly not at any attractive prices. You can probably get a gun cheaper with shipping from replicaairguns than you can locally from camouflage or Gorilla Surplus or some place.

Amazon.ca has free shipping. Since you're in Vancouver, ordering from Amazon USA and shipping to a receiver in Point Roberts or Blaine is an option that I have done myself and can recommend. The selection is quite good and the prices are lower than what you can find here. Usually the savings from the lower prices at Amazon USA are already enough to cover the costs of your fuel and any parcel receiving fees, but add to that any savings you get from filling up your fuel tank on your car and buying other things like dairy products or booze and the trip will have you coming way out on top.