Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 2:03 am 

Here's my idea for a custom 2240 sear spring guide. I used an approx 1 inch plastic wall anchor which needed the end cut off and the sides sanded down. Then I placed it inside the spring, and that was it! You can even cut more or less off the anchor to adjust the trigger pull length!

This and some nylon washers make for a cheap and easy mod, which also makes for a very smooth trigger pull! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 4:57 am 

Most people use a spent .22lr casing. But if you don't have nay, then that works! :D
I have a series of brass washers I made for the trigger ans sear to keep them straight up and down!

3 Custom Crosman 2260
Benjamin Discovery .22 w/Joe Hickey stock!
Crosman 150 pistol .22
4 Crosman MK 1 pistol .22
Mrodair CP-1M .22 and .177

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 11:12 am 

rrdstarr wrote:
Most people use a spent .22lr casing. But if you don't have nay, then that works! :D
I have a series of brass washers I made for the trigger ans sear to keep them straight up and down!

Ive used .22 casings in quite a few of my 13xx/22xx projects, jus give em a quick polish on the primer and they work perfect ;) also use brass washers i grabbed from homie hardware... had to open he i.d a bit to fit over the pins but work great and all for only a few pennies... sorry a nickle, have to round up...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:00 pm 

I fired about 25 rounds through it the other day and the trigger pull was great! Next month will be the steel breech and a non LPA Mim (they are as much as the breech!) dovetail pistol sight, so the 2240 is really taking shape! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

rrdstarr wrote:

Well I don't have any powderburners so the wall anchor is the best I have. :P I'm still going to order the brass spring guide so this is just temporary.

Hacked2Pieces wrote:
Ive used .22 casings in quite a few of my 13xx/22xx projects, jus give em a quick polish on the primer and they work perfect ;) also use brass washers i grabbed from homie hardware... had to open he i.d a bit to fit over the pins but work great and all for only a few pennies... sorry a nickle, have to round up...

:lol: !!!!!!!!

Nylon washers with some grease work good, but I might get some brass for it's durability.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:11 am 

I have brass ones already made up, sear spring guides that is for $10 shipped.
Do you need a RVA (Velocity adjuster) I have some in the for sale you may want to look at.

Thanks!

3 Custom Crosman 2260
Crosman 150 pistol .22

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:02 am 

rrdstarr wrote:
Do you need a RVA (Velocity adjuster) I have some in the for sale you may want to look at.

Thanks!

I wasn't really looking for a velocity adjuster at the moment, but those magnetic bolts would be great after I get a steel breech! :)

As for the spring guides, do you have any pictures? I don't know if I missed it in the For Sale.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:46 am 

trekking95 wrote:
rrdstarr wrote:

Thanks!

I wasn't really looking for a velocity adjuster at the moment, but those magnetic bolts would be great after I get a steel breech! :)

As for the spring guides, do you have any pictures? I don't know if I missed it in the For Sale.

PM me your email and I will send you a pic of them!

3 Custom Crosman 2260
Crosman 150 pistol .22

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:54 am 

rrdstarr wrote:
trekking95 wrote:
rrdstarr wrote:

Thanks!

PM me your email and I will send you a pic of them!

Sent!