Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Optimus vs Phantom
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:33 pm 

Does anybody know the difference between the Optimus vs Phantom power plan ?

To me, it look the same.

Any info/help will be appreciated.

Post subject: Re: Optimus vs Phantom
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:54 pm 

Both are b18 platform. Chinese copy of the Gamo 220/440. So are most of the Crosman breakbarrels.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:53 am 

Yup, same gun, different stock. The Optimus stock is way better imo, and probably a tad lighter as well.
Note:; newer Phantom guns with part # ending in "A" are different. Seems like they're cutting corners to me, so I would stick with the Optimus. Also, you can buy other stocks for the gun (assuming it's not an A), like the Trail, Venom, Regal, etc. The most expensive is ~$30 US. The Regal is my fav and ~$23. Nice when you find a gun you want at a great price but hate the stock.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:48 am 

Chevota wrote:
Yup, same gun, different stock. The Optimus stock is way better imo, and probably a tad lighter as well.
Note:; newer Phantom guns with part # ending in "A" are different. Seems like they're cutting corners to me, so I would stick with the Optimus. Also, you can buy other stocks for the gun (assuming it's not an A), like the Trail, Venom, Regal, etc. The most expensive is ~$30 US. The Regal is my fav and ~$23. Nice when you find a gun you want at a great price but hate the stock.

Where are you ordering the stocks from? That is pretty cheap 8)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:42 pm 
Supporting Member 2009

Chevota can't seem to figure out that his prices are meaningless for Canada- it just causes confusion for people.

As for the "A" versions- they are not sold in Canada as 'Detuned" products, so this is also not relevant.

Please note: I do not conduct business through Private Messages (PM's) in online forums. Please do not send a 'PM" with a business-related question.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:59 pm 

jgoodz420 wrote:
Chevota wrote:

Where are you ordering the stocks from? That is pretty cheap 8)

Looks like Crosman USA to me. We cant buy from them and although the prices are still quite low for what you get, they arent that low. Eric has to eat too.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:15 pm 

Thank you guys for the infos, well apreciated.

Where can we buy stocks for this platform (canadian resellers)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:20 am 

I wrote "$xx US", but I guess I need to write "$xx US and only within the US"? I dunno...
Yes, Crosman direct is the source. I'd think you guys would be able to get them somehow, even if it were resent from someone in the US, like a friend or?
How much would shipping be from a US addy to you guys, like if someone in Michigan or wherever just remailed it to you?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:59 am 

PaRaDiSiaK wrote:
Thank you guys for the infos, well apreciated.

Where can we buy stocks for this platform (canadian resellers)

Scopes and ammo or gravel.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:01 am 

Chevota wrote:
I wrote "$xx US", but I guess I need to write "$xx US and only within the US"? I dunno...
Yes, Crosman direct is the source. I'd think you guys would be able to get them somehow, even if it were resent from someone in the US, like a friend or?
How much would shipping be from a US addy to you guys, like if someone in Michigan or wherever just remailed it to you?

$25-50.00 per box.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:04 am 

Paddy: Ouch! Not cool... I think it "should" be the same price or maybe a sight bump, but going from $4 to adding $25-50 is robbery! The stocks can be light, like my Trail stock was 2lbs even, so I'm guessing with pkg 3lbs? Seems to me you guys would have US friends near the border that could hook you up?
Maybe someone could act as a middleman and ship for everyone in need. I'd do it but I'm far from the border so it would be even more $. Maybe pool an order together with others and do one big shipment?
I dunno, I'm ignorant on all shipping to CA this stuff...
The optumus stock is nice imo, and the Phantom can be sanded/shaped to look much better, which I did to mine.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:44 pm 

Chevota wrote:

I just ordered an "A" model (refurb) directly from crosman. I figured for 59.95 with a scope, it couldn't be too bad. You are right, it is not anything like the Fury I have (same as the old phantom). The tube is larger and shorter. OD of the fury is 30mm. OD of the Phantom is 34mm. Tube on the Phantom is about 5cm shorter. Piston in the Phantom is stamped steel with a heavy tophat for weight. Trigger group is with the plastic blade. Plastic spring guide. Short, very heavy spring. Stock feels thinner and cheaper. First time I shot it, it nearly jumped out of my hands. I had a #7 spring from DL airgun knocking around, so I installed it in the Phantom. I used my lathe to turn down the top hat and spring guide to fit the smaller ID spring, and added a few pounds of weight to the buttstock to bring the balance point just ahead of the trigger guard. It now shoots about 650 fps and is a real pleasure to shoot. btw-that plastic trigger is actually good enough that I'll probably leave it alone.

Sorry -don't mean to highjack the thread...
Cheers!

btw -I live in Thunder Bay. I regularly buy from the US and ship to a border store where I pick it up, & declare it at the border. Crosman is fine with it.

I'm not multitasking. I'm doing something else until I remember what I was doing.