Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:51 am 

hello guys, recently i post a webley alecto for sale, before packaging the gun to find one about shipping costs for a member i decide to shoot to shots to post a picture of the gun's accuracy basically at the 10th shot the gun shot really weak pushing the pellet only half way through the barrel, so i opened it to removed the pellet, i pushed the pellet out with a brass rod, when i try to closed it it was really hard a little bit harder than closing at the 3th pump, then i shot it, it sound week but it was only one pump, so i tried pumping twice but i can't even pump it half way on the second pump, but now i can't pump it at all.
does any body has an experience like that with the Webley Alecto? i got the schematics so im gonna have to take it a part, since it doesn't pump or close at all im guessing something happened in the cylinder where it compresses the air, but any advice will be very well appreciated

note. the gun is stuck opened because i can't closed it or pumped it

crosman 2240 (modded to target pistol)
crosman 2260 tactical
Beretta px4

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:02 pm 

looks like you have no choice but to disassemble and have a look inside, it i personally wouldn't have tried to force it close if it was as hard as your describing, hopefully you didn't cause any serious damage to it :shock:
If something is ever jammed or stuck forcing it is definitely not the answer in the pellet gun world :lol: :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:03 am 

Can the relief valve be over tightened to the point where you can pump it to valve lock-up? The description sounds a bit like that, in which case you'd need to be very careful taking it apart.

BTW: Kudos to you for doing the right thing and asking rather than stuffing it in the box and shipping it to the buyer.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:13 am 

I did the relief valve mod almost when i got the gun, i tightened the screw then i turned back 1/4 of a turn, i have used then gun since then, yesterday i opened the piston but the Alecto piston is way more complicated than the beeman p17 now that i have the schematic im gonna take the piston/valve apart and see what's going on in there, i found a site that sells the parts but the piston/valve part is sold as a single part, does anybody know where to find the internal parts lor seal for the webley Alecto/zoraki hp01?

crosman 2260 tactical
Beretta px4

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:11 pm 

Just crack it open enough to cock the mechanism...then discharge in a safe direction. You may be retaining air.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:21 am 

Adolfo wrote:
hello guys, recently i post a webley alecto for sale, before packaging the gun to find one about shipping costs for a member i decide to shoot to shots to post a picture of the gun's accuracy basically at the 10th shot the gun shot really weak pushing the pellet only half way through the barrel, so i opened it to removed the pellet, i pushed the pellet out with a brass rod, when i try to closed it it was really hard a little bit harder than closing at the 3th pump, then i shot it, it sound week but it was only one pump, so i tried pumping twice but i can't even pump it half way on the second pump, but now i can't pump it at all.
does any body has an experience like that with the Webley Alecto? i got the schematics so im gonna have to take it a part, since it doesn't pump or close at all im guessing something happened in the cylinder where it compresses the air, but any advice will be very well appreciated

note. the gun is stuck opened because i can't closed it or pumped it

Adolfo, did you ever get this problem resolved? I have a couple of these pistols and would be interested in finding out what causes this phenomenon.

Bob

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:28 am 

Hello bob, i only removed the piston, some air came out when i removed but still does not pump, so i will take apart the valve, and inside the piton there i another tube which has some internal parts too, for now i won't be touching the gun till June 25th due to a test that i have to do, but if i dont forget i will take some pictures for the forum

crosman 2260 tactical
Beretta px4