Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Accushot 30mm 4-16x56
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:41 am 

I am thinking about picking up one of these bad boys from Stormbringers, wondering what everyone thoughts are on this model?

http://www.amazon.com/AccuShot-Etched-Military-Colors-EZ-TAP/dp/B007IPBL62/ref=sr_1_19?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1405315886&sr=1-19&keywords=utg+scope

Sells for $244 if I remember correctly, plus tax.
Picatinny mount and 80mm wheel included.

Planning to put this on my QB78D

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:25 am 

That should be a good scope, but it's a lot of scope for a QB78D, which is sub-500fps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:23 pm 

So maybe go for the swat? Or "bug buster"?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:51 pm 

Leapers is a pretty good scope company, I'd recommend them! Yeah as Penage said, that's a massive scope for a QB and sub 500 and that.... But...

Whatever floats your boat!

The 3-12x44 SWAT would be nice, as would the bug buster. I'd personally go for the SWAT, if I remember correctly the bug buster is AO while the SWAT is..Side Wheel...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:02 pm 

Thanks for the opinions.. I am going in on thursday.

I went out today with just my little 4x centre point scope and I can hit a red bull can every time at 55M but I can barely see the damn thing

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:21 pm 

I'm not sure what the issue is on spending $250 for a scope for a <500 gun, if that's what you have and/or want to shoot. You can always relocate it if/when your air gun needs/desires shift -- etc./ad nauseum. :)

As for the QB78, If you're looking for a friend with some power, it's a big fail to discount your QB78: He becomes a real PAL in minutes. Embarrassingly accurate and hard-hitting for $200 and change (including the cost of the <500 rifle).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:05 pm 

I suppose when you look at it. 250 for a scope is pretty reasonable! I like your thinking. I dont have any plans on taking it into the PAL range but I do however want to see what I am shooting at. And under 500 fps accuracy is everything