Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:18 pm 

rifle; HW 97 Blackline STL .177 PAL
pellets; JSB exacts
30 yards from the bench
wind; 13 km/h W, shooting NNE

i kinda regret doing it now, wanted to pin this one on my Diana 34 since i know it can do it...oh well, I'll try the 40 yards when i get my main spring

Attachments:
30 yards july 14 hw 97.JPG
30 yards july 14 hw 97.JPG [ 182.94 KiB | Viewed 979 times ]
hw out.JPG
hw out.JPG [ 264.76 KiB | Viewed 979 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:34 pm 

Right out of the box? Impressive performance and beautiful look!
Congrats on the new rifle!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:37 pm 

Wow. Nice shooting! I miss my 97KT blackline :( Get it back soon though!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:59 pm 

robipaul wrote:
pellets; JSB exacts
30 yards from the bench

i kinda regret doing it now, wanted to pin this one on my Diana 34 since i know it can do it...oh well, I'll try the 40 yards when i get my main spring

Nice shooting. What was on the target paper that's cut away? (The CAF Challenge is five groups, half-inch or better, on five targets, with nothing else on the paper.)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:12 pm 

Penage Guy wrote:
robipaul wrote:
pellets; JSB exacts
30 yards from the bench

Nice shooting. What was on the target paper that's cut away? (The CAF Challenge is five groups, half-inch or better, on five targets, with nothing else on the paper.)

there is nothing else on the paper that shouldn't be there, i print a 8x11 sheet and cut out the 5 needed bull instead of wasting an entire sheet, that way i get at least 3 set of 5 bulls per sheet which i attach to a clip on a pole, no rules against that :wink:

if the intention was to put an entire sheet and choose the 5 best groups(if its what you're implying), would be kind of hard to get them all adjacent to each other, in this case logic prevails :?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:22 pm 

Well RP if you hadn't reached the personal limit of 2 PGLSC certificate you would have...well 3!

It think the question about the sheet is about the spirit of the 5 per sheet thing that it is fool proof obvious that there are only 5 groups ever shot on the sheet. (like in the loonie challenge of MurrayE's where he specified the paper size and that there was only 5 target/groups).
As this open CAF challenge didn't ever specify that and the fact that I am Scottish also and why waste good paper and targets I would have awarded a gift!!!

As was recently quoted on the forum here " A man is as good as his word".

I too was amazed you did this with your new gun almost immediately after unboxing it. It must like you.

http://plinkercases.ca/

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:29 pm 

robipaul wrote:
Penage Guy wrote:
robipaul wrote:
pellets; JSB exacts
30 yards from the bench

there is nothing else on the paper that shouldn't be there, i print a 8x11 sheet and cut out the 5 needed bull instead of wasting an entire sheet, that way i get at least 3 set of 5 bulls per sheet which i attach to a clip on a pole, no rules against that :wink:

if the intention was to put an entire sheet and choose the 5 best groups(if its what you're implying), would be kind of hard to get them all adjacent to each other, in this case logic prevails :?

The spirit of the Challenge is not to find a loophole. One could easily print 15, 20, or 30 targets on a paper and shoot until five consecutive targets were half-an-inch or less were achieved, then cut away the ones that didn't make it and claim to have met the Challenge.
For purposes of clarity, shooters who use a target with more than five bulls should shoot only five of them and leave the others untouched.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:36 pm 

Fair observations as well and I am glad I am not the judge of this deal... luckily have no more gifts for RP anyhow.
I would bet Paul does it again on one full sheet tomorrow!!! That would be worth 5 Plinker bucks...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:42 pm 

Plinkercases wrote:
Well RP if you hadn't reached the personal limit of 2 PGLSC certificate you would have...well 3!

It think the question about the sheet is about the spirit of the 5 per sheet thing that it is fool proof obvious that there are only 5 groups ever shot on the sheet. (like in the loonie challenge of MurrayE's where he specified the paper size and that there was only 5 target/groups).
As this open CAF challenge didn't ever specify that and the fact that I am Scottish also and why waste good paper and targets I would have awarded a gift!!!

As was recently quoted on the forum here " A man is as good as his word".

I too was amazed you did this with your new gun almost immediately after unboxing it. It must like you.

thanks for the vote of confidence plink, 2 things; if someone really wanted to cheat, why go thru all that trouble of cut outs, would be easier to just set the target at 30 feet and then claim it was shot at 30 yards, and second; never mind cheating others, you'd be cheating yourself and i don't think i could live with that, you guys wouldn't know...but i would :shock:

don't take this the wrong way cause i'm glad about the plinkercases certificate, but would be just as satisfied without it...my goal is to shoot 50 yard sub dime groups with a springer, achieving that would the ultimate reward in itself

thumbs up on the quote for a man being as good as his word, a saying to live by 8)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:50 pm 

Plinkercases wrote:
Fair observations as well and I am glad I am not the judge of this deal... luckily have no more gifts for RP anyhow.
I would bet Paul does it again on one full sheet tomorrow!!! That would be worth 5 Plinker bucks...

next two days of rain, but clear weather Thursday, i would absolutely endeavor to do it again on an entire sheet this time, if you shoot groups like that and can't ever do it again....then what's the point 8)

its ok about the certificate plink...i would have done it for the asking, in my mind i've been challenged and i shall follow thru, thanks bro

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:03 pm 

I imagine it will only shoot better when you take the time to take the wrapper off!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:36 am 

I think we are all on the same page here. robipaul, I'm confident you had no intention to "cheat" and I'm also confident that you can shoot the Challenge at even longer distances.

A man is only as good as his word, and it is important to avoid even the appearance that anything might be amiss (pardon the pun) or out of order (e.g. a page that is not whole or complete). If anyone, Scot or otherwise, does not wish to "waste" unused targets on a paper, he can do this: shoot five successful groups only, assess the groups for size, take a photo, and then continue shooting the same paper. I wish everyone good luck in this Challenge.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:35 am 

Penage this is a worth while discussion thanks and think the point has been well stated and received. RP is going to try again as he says on a full sheet and I doubt we will get any other Scot's targets from others who may have read this thankfully civil exchange. (disagreeing while still being agreeable is perhaps our biggest challenge! and was met this time)

Murray East

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:11 pm 

ok, from the top, same rifle, same pellets, same distance

wind; 7 km/h WSW, shooting NNE

from now on, any 30 yard group shot by me shall by known as the penage special :lol: :lol: :lol:

moving on to the 40 yards :mrgreen:

Attachments:
hw 97 30 yards july 17.JPG
hw 97 30 yards july 17.JPG [ 179.22 KiB | Viewed 844 times ]
hw out.JPG
hw out.JPG [ 264.76 KiB | Viewed 844 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:17 pm 

Your not allowed to use that evil black gun anymore...........

Good shootin newton as we used to sayt when I was a kid....for some reason.