Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: i mean WOW !!!
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:14 pm 

well i'm a bit speechless, was shooting outside tonight and could no longer hit the cards at 20, 30, or 40 yards, ran my Diana 34 on the chrony, recorded speeds of 250 to 350 fps, i could have sworn buying a PAL rifle :?

took it apart thinking the aftermarket spring might have failed.....nope wrong diagnosis, its intact, can't say the same about the piston seal though, see for yourselves

guess i'll be buying a vortek seal now, i would have done that eventually anyway, also sent an email to SSSO about the cracked stock hoping RWS will replace it

WHAT A LEMON !!! german quality huh

p.s. yes i did deburr the inside of the tube before installing it the last time

Attachments:
seal 34.JPG
seal 34.JPG [ 122.57 KiB | Viewed 1068 times ]

Post subject: Re: i mean WOW !!!
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:48 pm 

Hard to make lemonade with that one.
Learning experience at best. Springs and seals are easy to replace and are wear an tear items in the long run. I hope you get a new stock at least.

Duke ))))----//----------==

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:49 pm 

SSSO contacted umarex about this, seems they will be sending a new stock as they called it "legit". as for the blown seal, it is the opinion of their gunsmith that the black seal is the result of over oiling and therefore dieseling because a Diana seal should be blue, i find this amusing since the seal itself is made of black material and bares the markings Diana 302366 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

sometimes you just have to laugh at the ridiculous, but I'm not worried about the seal, a new vortek seal will be in my hands in a few days

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:28 pm 

Sounds like BS, but it might be interesting to cut it in half and see if it's black all the way through. Can't imagine it burnt so evenly though, even if it had dieselled badly before you first opened it up.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:26 pm 

its interesting that Umarex started on an assumption that a black surface meant chamber oil was over used when none has been put in the rifle, then continued with a story that it might have broken the main spring, its quite irrelevant since they've already sent a replacement main spring after saying that quite a few rifles left the Diana factory with defective ones, that makes for a very inconsistent story indeed

the seal is obviously made of black material and i took the extra steps of taking pics of the seal all around, up down, in and out and emailed them today, but as i said, not an issue since i ordered a vortek seal, from what i understand, performs better then OEM

i really don't care what story they want to cook up, they've approved the new stock and i'm satisfied with that...

i'm surprised they didn't try to say that the so called dieseling cracked the stock from recoil :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:33 pm 
Supporting Member 2009

That seal does look like it was cooked- the Diana seals are blue- and it almost looks like in the centre of the seal where it sits on its mount there is still some blue poking through. Cut it in half- any blue in there? Or was this some sort of odd seal.

The Vortek seals are no better than the factory units- save your money.

Please note: I do not conduct business through Private Messages (PM's) in online forums. Please do not send a 'PM" with a business-related question.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:16 pm 

AirGunEric wrote:
That seal does look like it was cooked- the Diana seals are blue- and it almost looks like in the centre of the seal where it sits on its mount there is still some blue poking through. Cut it in half- any blue in there? Or was this some sort of odd seal.

The Vortek seals are no better than the factory units- save your money.

you can't see it on the pic but i peeled a little more the reveal the inner core and it is indeed black, the boys at umarex apparently checked further and discovered that Diana is now using black seals(or at least did in some of their models)........whatever the reason maybe :rolleyes:

as for the vortek seal, there was a mistake, the retailer assumed that because they ordered kits and seals for Diana's from vortek that it would fit a 34, it does not, as a result, i'm getting an OEM Diana seal as a replacement

the vortek seal received had its inner diameter too small to go on the piston, and i don't think it would fit an airhawk either ???

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:46 pm 

I removed my Vortek oring Seal as it was causing slamming in my TX and produced and ES of over 25FPS over ten shots. Now with my OEM AA piston seal, Vortek spring & guides & Tinbum Short-Stroke Kit I am getting an ES of only 3-4FPS over ten shots once the gun is warmed up...