Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:59 pm 

http://www.amazon.ca/Tanfoglio-1911-Full-Metal-Blowback/dp/B005WIA0EQ/ref=pd_sim_s_6?ie=UTF8&refRID=08DE35GT7DDZVSHXD9QF

hmmmmmm.......

http://plinkercases.ca/

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:05 pm 

wow. plink. selling guns on the for sale page and drooling over a gun that's for sale on the where to buy in Canada page. hello. I think you better sell one of your detuned walther lever actions to someone. me. and see how much it hurts. just kidding.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:41 pm 

I may be on diet by I can sure drool!!!

The only thing better than a 1911 in your hand is 2 1911 in both hands!!!!

But I am being good and not buying a second one.

And the Walthers.... will go to my kids or grand kids !!!! out of my cold dead hand of course.... sorry man.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:37 pm 

ya I figured as much. don't blame ya. and you're not alone I've had my finger on the buy now button for that tanfoglio at amazon about 10 times now. even tho my new blackwater has only been out of the box twice.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:51 pm 

sold a Tanfoglio 1911 just a little while ago for a friend practically new in the box for $80
you should have told me Murray. :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:46 pm 

I just ordered one last night. Figured it was a good way to start in this hobby.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:50 pm 

sse1990 wrote:
I just ordered one last night. Figured it was a good way to start in this hobby.

and another one heads for the abyss.....

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:49 am 

I always look at this model of pistol and then get disappointed it shoots only BBs. Is it really that good?

Beeman P-17
Hatsan Mod 25
Umarex Beretta PX-4

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:54 am 

if you want to feel like you are shooting a 1911...yes it is that good.
It isn't a target pistol but a fun replica action shooter with enough accuracy at 20-30 feet to be fun shooting cans and spoons etc.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:13 pm 

Wish I saw this... lol. I bought the non-marked version. Hands down my favorite BB pistol. Bought it purely for the realistic factor. My friends and I own a few different guns for when it comes to accuracy and dead on target shooting, but they all agree, the 1911 Witness is the most fun they've ever had shooting a BB pistol.

Goes through Co2 like nobodies business, I'd say I go through 1 12g Co2 ever 2 full mags. It's technically 2 and a half, some people say more, but that's what I've been getting, so I bought another mag just to switch out to keep the shooting lasting longer, lol.

I also get a little excited every time a BB jams the odd time here and there because I love field stripping it for an actual purpose other than just because I can, lol!

Having two 1911's though, ohh man, that would be a lot of fun...I just can't justify dropping another $180, I could get the marked up tanfoglio like the one listed here, but then it won't match my unmarked version... lol oh well....

Long story short, awesome gun, I'll never sell it!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:21 pm 

Mine showed up today. A full clip empties way too quick, lol. Can't wait to setup some targets and really test it out.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:33 pm 

A 1911 with one mag is like a runner with one leg..... (and no insensitivity meant to disabled or the memory of Terry Fox...just the best analogy I could come up with that was clean)
Try to get a second if you can. Nice thing is it helps force a longer warm up period on the canisters as you reload then run through 2... and its just cool changing mags.
Remember to keep the slide locked back when inserting the full mag then release it and resist the movie action chuck chuck slide action... you will jam the air tube or innards with pellets.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:49 pm 

Just ordered 2 more magazines from amazon. When I ordered the gun I had ordered 2 extra magazines but it wasn't expected in stock for a few weeks so I canceled them. Just checked and they had 4 in stock. Plus they have 4 more of the guns in stock