Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:21 pm 

I have Crosman 760 older model which I got recently as a result of Lauchin's give away game.

The gun was OK at first, but after couple of shots I noticed it under 300 fps and don't hold air as it should,
so I wanted to repair it. First I put some pellgun oil on the pump seal and leak stopped,
I shot about 30 good shots with about 420 fps on 10 pumps and left it overnight. Next day as I pumped it, it started to leak
after about 5 pumps, you can hear psssssst from the barrel. I put more pellgun oil but no use this time, after 3-4 pumps air escapes.

And here is a problem - I can't disassemble it because I don't know how to remove pump arm pin, this one

Other side

This is not a "c" clip, any ideas how to remove it?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:18 pm 

The 760 is pretty easy to work on, the clip can be removed with a very small screw driver like the ones you would use to tighten screws on glasses or if you have a very fine pick, just pry the clip off but make sure it dosent go flying off. Sounds like your valve isn't sealing properly if your saying you hear air out the barrel.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:37 pm 

Thank you for reply, Ace.
I have a bunch of small screwdrivers, but can't remove this clip. It is too small to pry off also.
Any other tool can be used?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:42 pm 

I understand what you mean but trust me it can be removed this way that's how I remove mine, slowly pry it around the pin. You might have to use to small screwdrivers to keep the clip from spinning around.

Last edited by Ace on Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:45 pm 

Ace wrote:
I understand what you mean but trust me it can be removed this way that's how I remove mine, slowly pry it oround the pin. You might have to use two small screw drivers to keep the clip from spining around.

Do you mean two screwdrivers?
OK will try it tomorrow, thanks

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:54 pm 

Yes vitaly :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:43 pm 

That sure is a fiddly looking clip. I wonder if a normal c clip would fit to make it easier next time.