Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:07 am 

Glad he treats you fine. Wish he would have treated me nice instead of bashing me without warrant.
Every chance I get you say, thats pretty extensive.....

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:31 am 

twister wrote:
peterdulux wrote:
You should get in contact with Mike Mellick from http://flyingdragonairrifles.org/fdallrifles.html

He'll point you in the right direction. xs46u is the same gun.

As for Eric from scopes and ammo, just do a search on his name here and see how he treats people. Decide for yourself if you want to deal with with him.

Boy you really like to bash Eric every chance you get.
He treats me just fine and I will continue to do business with him.

I've had no problems either...Oh Oh...here we go, off of another tangent and in the wrong Forum...my bad :oops:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:34 am 

BigCliff wrote:
I understand your caution but a simple PM would have solved that problem or you could have just emailed me and that would eliminate the need to broadcast the information.

I can assure you that any 16 year old that wanted to find out how to do it could probably find it available on the internet much easier than I could have, I'm still old school!

Your comment about "I am well aware what a fac was i got mine in 1977", then why did you come back at me with "What is FAC ??? ......I assume you mean PAL if you wanted a PAL rated gun that's what you should have bought ....." . You might not have intended any disrespect but it sure came through as being confrontagous, just what a new member needs to make them want to come back here!

Anyway, lesson learned, Eric did get back to me promptly and I sure appreciated his input. I am hoping to be able to take a road trip very soon to see him and do some shopping!

All the best.

Cliff

Quote:
then why did you come back at me with "What is FAC ???

Because a kid would not know what to say to that ...And sorry i seem harsh been a foreman for to many years not great on people skills .....

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:38 pm 

BigCliff wrote:
Thanks Jim and Ace, both your replies are much appreciated, both are taken to heart!

Ace, if I just wanted to go out and kill stuff I have four PAL rated rifles a shotgun, and a top of the line crossbow. The reason I wanted to upgrade this rifle is that I find it very inconsistant at anything much more than 30 yards. In fact sighted at 30 yards I am shooting 4-5 inches low at 60 yards.

glad you cleared that up Cliff,
that's what you get from low end springer even if you make it PAL rated your still going to see the inconsistency the further out you shoot, yes the extra FPS will get the pellet out further but due to pellet turbulence with higher FPS and it being a springer your still going to suffer the further out you shoot.
:wink:

Money isn't the main issue (but because I am retired it is a consideration), a kit to do the modification is going to cost me something under $50.00 and I already have and like this rifle, it is much too heavy for hunting but super for sitting on my deck and plinking.
I understand Cliff :wink:

While I have been shooting for 60 some years now
, airguns are new to me. Perhaps I am wrong in my assumption that the higher power will give me more stability and consistancy at longer ranges. I would like to be able to shoot at a vartiety of ranges between 30 and 60 yards with minimal variations.
So you've been shooting since you were 8 years old :shock:

I do welcome any input from experienced air gun shooters and appreciate their willingness to help out a newcomer.

Cliff

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:40 pm 

Yes, actually my dad started me with a little single shot Cooey when I was 7. We spent many hours shooting at tin cans and eventually bottle caps tied to a string. I got to be a pretty good shot because in the end I'd be shooting for the string.

By the time I was nine I was allowed to go hunting groundhogs and foxes on my own. The farmers would pay me $0.25 for a groundhog tail and $0.50 for a fox tail ( a box of .22 long rifle cost $0.25). It wasn't unusual for me to leave the house early in the morning and not get home until dark, I have no idea how many miles I walked back in those days but I did cover a lot of territory LOL.

Anyway, I have had some great responses from the members here and really appreciate each and every one of them. The PMs have also been very much appreciated and will also be followed up on. I am looking forward to meeting up with all of you and hope that some day I can do something to repay the kindness!

Cliff

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:50 am 

I guess these days kids shooting is a big deal but 40-50 years ago it wasn't for me either. I remember shooting .22s with my cousins and no adult supervision when I was 10. It came natural after learning from adults, we knew we weren't playing with toys and just as soon as I got big enough to hold a shotgun I was shooting one as well. I wouldn't let my kids do the same now that times, the law and peoples sensabilities have changed.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:55 am 

My dad tells stories of him and his best bud wandering around the Yonge and York Mills area with their 22's and there varmint licenses and the local cop station, which was like a small town police force in itself back then, would let them practice down stairs in their range at their station. that would be about 65 years ago.

http://plinkercases.ca/

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:46 pm 

I started with bb guns when I was 6. By the time I was 10 was taking 22 rimfire out and providing rabbit and partridge (grouse) dinners for the family when my dad was away. Im only 43 now but thats the difference between rural and urban living I guess.

Wayne