Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: 1400 pump seal
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:37 am 

HI:I am in the process of getting the seals and "O" rings to rebuild a 1400 Crosman.I know a flat top with "O" ring arrangement instead of the existing pump rod head would be a better idea but I want to replace the cup pump seal on the existing assembly.
Who knows the seal size that I need to ask for when I go into my friendly hydraulic shop?I have seen some folks using a Teflon type replacement.
Any advice/info would be appreciated.
Thanks
Bernie

Post subject: Re: 1400 pump seal
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:03 pm 

Try Eric @ scopes& ammo......get the whole kit from him...KEN.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:29 am 

HI:Yes I did and he has one for 5.00 but there is a minimum buy of 30.00 and I only need that pump cup as the other seals are new.My option is to buy other stuff up to the 30 limit but at this point in time I don't need any more pellets etc.
So I ponder the problem...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:54 pm 

I think I probably have the pump cups and will sell just them,not a complete kit.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:02 pm 

HI:Thanks, sent a ppm.
Bernie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:13 am 

Check Mac 1 out

http://www.mac1airgunshop.com/rebuild-p ... =10&page=4

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:41 pm 

Not a whole lot to be gained by going to a flat top piston in the 1400- the 'air-trol' valve would negate any performance increase.
It would reduce pumping a bit, though.
FWIW, the steel rod/pump cup assembly can be a bit of a bear to work with, when it comes to replacing the cup seal.
Laughlin, and a few others around here have more expertise than I with this design.
Replacing the quad seal would be a very good idea, especially since most of the gun is going to be apart, anyways.

I suppose the platform is a good one for experimenting with, once one comes up with a way to replace the air-trol valve with something a bit more user friendly,
and a good hammer system. I just never got around to it...

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:24 pm 

HI:Yes I saw Mac1 kit and was thinking about it.The problem seems to boil down to mailing costs from the US.By the time I had his kit (complete with flat top) I would be into 44 Cnd.I made up a press device for the cup seal replacement and replaced all the other O rings and Quad seal.It came down to one cup seal.If I couldn't get the seal I would have turned a piston with O ring groove but the fiddling around for minimal performance improvement wasn't my first choice.
Thanks for the feedback/input because it is thought provoking.