Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:39 pm 

As the tittle states I'm in need of some help or info on the valve system of this rare 45, also known as the 451. being usually pretty good at figuring things out and also pretty good at finding info on the net if needed, I cant seem find anything about the valve and the disassembling of the valve for this model.
I've tore it down and it looks like its a sealed unit :? I don't think that's the case but it doesn't appear to have access to the valve stem. this pistol isn't mine so being that these are very rare I don't want to force on anything without knowing exactly how to access it, the only thing I can think of is one's the air tube is removed and the chamber from above then the valve stem will slide straight down and out the front, another issue is the air tube is in there pretty damn hard even after I removed the pin :( so if there is anyone who has worked or repaired one and can shed some light on this valve assembly and how I would be able to access it to fix the leak please feel free to add your expertise thanks. :wink:

found this link not very helpful but comments on it being hard/difficult to repair, scroll to bottom of page.
http://www.pyramydair.com/blog/2006/02/ ... y-45-auto/

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:39 pm 

Been more than 20+ yrs since I worked upon one. Need pics of the front and back of the valve block...Plz

Whitewolf

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:49 am 

Is that main block milled out of a single piece of brass? That would be a thing of beauty :)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:10 pm 

yes it is Jim 8)
thanks Kim I'll dismantle it again and get some pic's valve block. :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:35 pm 

Ok just thought I'd update this post to let the people that were interested know that I finally had a chance
to re-attempt to fix this 451 sorry for the wait but been very busy lately.
I'd like to say thanks to Mr. Len for sending me a diagram and some kind word of encouragement on how to tackle the valve block that got me stuck in the fist place, I was going at it correctly but stumbled on how to remove the copper tubing plug section, so thanks to Len for pointing out that it was probably just due to a hardened up O-ring and he was absolutely correct.
Rebuilt the valve stem seal and changed out that O-ring and she's all good again, this pistol is probably one of the most realistic feeling blow back's. 8)
p.s. also a pain in the :butthead: to work on lol..... :wink:

hey anyone want to put this thing back together :shock: :lol: :lol:

all back together 8) :D

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:10 pm 

Beauty! Do we get a test report? Accuracy, shots per co2, fps ? :) :)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:12 pm 

EverHopeful wrote:
Beauty! Do we get a test report? Accuracy, shots per co2, fps ? :) :)

X2

8)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:48 pm 

Ok so here are some quick numbers and accuracy test, mind you I haven't been shooting in a long time
especially with a pistol, lol....so don't be to judgmental :D

for those that don't know or if I forgot to mention this is a .22 cal pistol.
chrony #'s high of 330 low of 318 over 10 shots
don't know exactly how much shots per Co2 because I hade taken a good amount of dry fire shots
after I had made the repair's to check for leaks, so I'm just going to take a guess because
after I had finished my target shooting just after the last shot the blowback had stopped functioning
due to low Co2 level, you could still cock the hamer and fire a shot just no blowback action, so I'm going to guess
around 30 good shots per Co2 cart.

target was shot at 5m standing offhand 5 shots and fast, after all what's the point of a nice blowback if your not shooting fast right. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:18 am 

Nice work Budz. Wondered if you had it done.

Whitewolf

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:30 am 

Very respectable! Time they reintroduced that model, but I guess people expect more shots/CO2 these days. Dread to think what it would cost if they made it as well as the original, or what they might do to reduce the costs instead :(

Jim