Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Crosman T4 not piercing
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:33 am 

Hi all I have not posted in here for quite a while but here goes.

I was given a Crosman T4 pistol I shot it a few times it held gas and worked perfectly.
Then next time I took it out I removed the fake mag that holds the co2 cart put in a crosman co2 with a drop of pellgun oil.
Pushed the mag in and fired it nothing happened except for a small dent in the cart.

Is this a fairly common problem that can be fixed with fiddling with the magazine or does the whole pistol need to be messed with.
I used to do a fair amount of work on co2 guns but don't enjoy taking down the newer ones.
Thanks

IanC

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:31 am 

I thought i could fix it by putting a small shim below the cart to make it sit a little higher when inserted but that didnt work. I googled it looks like i need a new pin and seal. I got it for free and havent read much good about the gun. I may just give it away to a friend of mine.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:53 am 

With a snug fit on the CO2 cartridge, the cartridge should fully pierce pierce on the first shot (not when you tighten the CO2 down), and fire at full power on the second shot. If not, you do have an issue, and unless you like to tinker, there's not much you can do on a pistol that is worth about the price you paid for it. :) . I have one that I give to newbie guests to shoot, and it works fine when it gets used. However, it's not a gun I would replace if it didn't work properly.

FWIW.