Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:41 pm 

Ok, I'd like some input from you guys. I'm debating between two platforms to possibly (and I stress that word) turn it into a pcp down the road, but for now it'll stay CO2/hpa. The final result would be a rifle regardless. But I'm on the fence as I'm factoring overal cost to mod it. The QB series is in rifle form as is, has a steel breach and if I wanted to go out and get a nice stock I can go with a boyds, or was it a Richards micro fit, either way it's available. The crosman on the other hand has an absurd aftermarket, but will take more $$$ to achieve a comparable product. Also, I am interested in moding for velocity but shot count is as important to me as well.
I guess what I'm asking is what is the best "bang for the buck"?
And I'm asking for unbiased factual opinions.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:46 pm 

The 2240 can never be made into a rifle; as any mod putting it over 500 fps will make it into an RPAL item.

The QB is already a rifle; so you can leave it as is from factory at about 470 fps; or mod it up to anywhere up to around 900 fps on HPA.

QB all the way!

8)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:50 pm 

So you can't put the 2250 stock, longer barrel etc and it's not a rifle? I don't buy that. Also, what would be involved to get in the 900's? Is that .22 or .177? And what does the shot string look like?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:59 pm 

Viratro wrote:
So you can't put the 2250 stock, longer barrel etc and it's not a rifle? I don't buy that. Also, what would be involved to get in the 900's? Is that .22 or .177? And what does the shot string look like?

I believe that even the 2250 is called a pistol in Canada.

Quote:
The firearm that I asked the CFC technician about was the Crosman 2250. It's restricted. I think the gas tube is the same length as the 2400.

Even if you managed to get all the parts and assemble yourself a 2250 or 2400KT (10"+ bbl), I think you would still have a "pistol" according to Canadian law. The 2400KT rifle is the new name for the 2250. To have it classed as under 500fps, you would have to send it to be tested by a recognized authority (likely RCMP).

I know that the 2260 IS a rifle in Canada; and thus can be modded up to your heart's content.

You would need to do a lot of valve work; transfer port enlarging; and extended barrel length to get up to the 900s. .177 or .22

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:03 pm 

wllm995 wrote:
Viratro wrote:

I believe that even the 2250 is called a pistol in Canada.

Quote:
The firearm that I asked the CFC technician about was the Crosman 2250. It's restricted. I think the gas tube is the same length as the 2400.

Even if you managed to get all the parts and assemble yourself a 2250 or 2400KT (10"+ bbl), I think you would still have a "pistol" according to Canadian law. The 2400KT rifle is the new name for the 2250. To have it classed as under 500fps, you would have to send it to be tested by a recognized authority (likely RCMP).

I know that the 2260 IS a rifle in Canada; and thus can be modded up to your heart's content.

You would need to do a lot of valve work; transfer port enlarging; and extended barrel length to get up to the 900s. .177 or .22

I know a rifle is described by barrel lenght requirement and stock lenght... So it is not an issue, the issue is wich is the better platform for my goal?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:06 pm 

Viratro wrote:
I know a rifle is described by barrel lenght requirement and stock lenght... So it is not an issue, the issue is wich is the better platform for my goal?

In Canada once a pistol ALWAYS a pistol.

So.. the 2240/2250 is always going to be considered a pistol here in Canada - no matter the barrel length or stock length.

No matter what you may think!

So unless you have your RPAL - forget it.

IF you want to start with the harder to find 2260 - go ahead and mod away.

http://www.crosman.com/heritage-2260

If not; get the very easy to find and cheap to buy QB - and mod when and as much as you want.

http://scopesandammo.com/storefront/pro ... ifle-p-417

:wink:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:20 pm 

Do you have a link to the written statute? Because what I just read on cfc website states otherwise.

So back to the question that got side tracked...

22xx or QBxx?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:24 pm 

Viratro wrote:
iDo you have a link to the written statute? Because what I just read on cfc website states otherwise.

So back to the question that got side tracked...

22xx or QBxx?

It is common knowledge here on this Forum - just take my word for it.

If you don't understand english - the only 22xx you can mod legally over 500 fps (with your PAL only) is the hard to find 2260.

So the easy to find QBxx is the way to go.

I assume you have your PAL, right? So, no worries about modding over 500 fps.

:?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:29 pm 

lol....listen to wllm995 he's given you sound advise, ones a pistol always a pistol :roll:
doesn't matter what barrel you put on it or a stock its still registered as a pistol.

Qb-78 all the way heck just get the 79 and your pretty much on your way to pcp down the road with lot less work. :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:33 pm 

Seriously, I don't take a word for it in regards to the law, I take law for it. A "word" is hearsay in a court of law and inadmissible. If were going on word alone then there are some seriously misguided individuals around here. And by the way, you can't believe everything "Johnny says"
Has anyone legitimately researched this without the response being "I think" or "I heard"? Because "I heard" that Sasquatch exist and "Johnny thinks" he saw one.

This thread got out of hand and I'm regretting asking the opinion of a platform on here...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:37 pm 

wow.... :? just wow :shock: ...... :roll:

If you don't like proper advice then why bother asking, just to what ever you like.......

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:42 pm 

Viratro wrote:
Seriously, I don't take a word for it in regards to the law, I take law for it. A "word" is hearsay in a court of law and inadmissible. If were going on word alone then there are some seriously misguided individuals around here. And by the way, you can't believe everything "Johnny says"
Has anyone legitimately researched this without the response being "I think" or "I heard"? Because "I heard" that Sasquatch exist and "Johnny thinks" he saw one.

This thread got out of hand and I'm regretting asking the opinion of a platform on here...

Seriously dude - go ahead and buy a 2240 and mod it over 500 fps and see what happens when the RCMP come knocking on your door and you get arrested and sent to jail. Please, please post your results here so we can all admire your work.

And I am regretting BIG TIME trying to help out a hopeless; delusional; idiot!!

:evil:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:06 pm 

Proper advice... Hahaha
Show me the actual written statute.
And for arguments sake, it's a 2260.
Damn, I didn't realize that no one can ask a justified question and then get persecuted for asking for an answer that was backed by legitimate fact, which no one seems able to produce.

I must be delusional that hearsay is not law. I was unaware that it was illegal to ask a question. Don't worry sheeple, I won't ask. I'm good.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:19 pm 

Viratro wrote:
Proper advice... Hahaha
Show me the actual written statute.
And for arguments sake, it's a 2260.
Damn, I didn't realize that no one can ask a justified question and then get persecuted for asking for an answer that was backed by legitimate fact, which no one seems able to produce.

I must be delusional that hearsay is not law. I was unaware that it was illegal to ask a question. Don't worry sheeple, I won't ask. I'm good.

Hopeless and delusional!

:roll: :roll: :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:22 pm 

Nope, actually you are, for the simple reason of being unable to provide fact. That's all it takes. And thanks again for hijacking the thread

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next