Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: "dueling" targets
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:04 pm 

....I just finished my idea of a dueling target for airguns.....usually the targets swing right around (180 dgs)...but I used 2 targets at 90 dgs in the same swivel for lower powered airguns.......The hardware is....electrical cover plates, long 3" hinges mounted between acoustic hanging ceiling screws swiveling on 10x24 x3" machine screws.......All put together for about $30.00 ( I had to buy 20 ceiling screws in a pack for $9.00, when I only needed 8 )......Feb.23/2015, west coast, Can.

Attachments:
target 2.jpg
target 2.jpg [ 125.11 KiB | Viewed 969 times ]
target 1.jpg
target 1.jpg [ 124.63 KiB | Viewed 969 times ]

Post subject: Re: "dueling" targets
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:10 pm 

Really nice idea. That is going to be a lot of fun.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:22 pm 

Love it! Does it have any tendency to bounce when hit or does it have some sort of over-center to keep it one side or the other? Or is that in the lean?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:24 pm 

....I wanted to have each one 'leaning' individually so it's opposing target would fall into place by gravity.....couldn't do that with the ceiling hangers on top being so close to the 'trunk'....so I just leaned the trunk and used oversized mounting holes in the base for some adjustment.....couldn't bring myself to shooting it up so soon after finishing it, lol.....but they swing easily so I don't expect any problems....If they 'bounce', I can adjust for it by tightening the nuts on the hinge pins or decreasing the 'lean' angle...............The face of the 'trunk' is bevelled at 45 dgs so any hits won't come straight back ( I may put drywall corner bead on it ), the hinges are held at 90dgs with a piece of pex tubing that has solid core electrical wire running through it..................I'm going to make another using "T" hinges so each target will swing 180dgs to see if the airguns have enough power to swing them....Of course, one side will have part of the hinge facing the shooter.....but it shouldn't matter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:34 pm 

Simple, effective, and cheap-Great job!