Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:39 pm 

Like I say.... is it worth adding to the cabinet or getting as a gift for 89.00?

http://plinkercases.ca/

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:50 am 

I like mine, it is a bit rough out of the box especially the trigger, crown, but nothing that a 10mm RC bearing didn't fix and a new crown. I am stacking pellets at 20 yards with it. (using RWS superdomes 14.5g)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:04 am 

Like airgun nut said, mine was a little rough out of the box but a little work with a file and fine sand paper along with a good lube tune and brl cleaning it was shooting far better than I was expecting it too, trigger fix is easy and really helps the groups. I had mine shooting 14.3gr pellets at 660 fps and hitting 1/2" CTC groups at 20-25 yards. I say go for it, I paid 109+tax for mine and I would do it again for sure

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:13 am 

DigitalFx33 wrote:
Like airgun nut said, mine was a little rough out of the box but a little work with a file and fine sand paper along with a good lube tune and brl cleaning it was shooting far better than I was expecting it too, trigger fix is easy and really helps the groups. I had mine shooting 14.3gr pellets at 660 fps and hitting 1/2" CTC groups at 20-25 yards. I say go for it, I paid 109+tax for mine and I would do it again for sure

660 fps? I thought they were detuned to 500 fps. Are those light pellets, or was it modded?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:14 am 

DigitalFx33 wrote:

660 fps? I thought they were detuned to 500 fps. Are those light pellets, or is there a mod for it?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:19 am 

The way mine was detuned was a hole drilled in the piston face to vent the extra pressure to keep the rifle non pal, i plugged that hole, I do have my pal so that was fine for me. I don't advise doing that unless you have a pal of course.
14.3gr is average for crosman .22 pellets

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:01 am 
Site Moderator

Do these rifles shoot accurately with a scope? Some Chinese break-barrel rifles struggle with keeping accuracy when optics are mounted. Sloppy tolerances.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:12 am 

I had a cheap center point 4*32 on mine and I was shooting raged holes at 10 yards And clover leafs at 20. I did no work at all to the lock up all I did was add a little moly to the pivot bushings and make sure the pivot bolt was snug enough that the brl would not fall under its own weight.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:39 am 

I have a Barska 4-14x 40 AO scope ($80ish) and so far after a couple thousand shoots it has no problems holdong zero.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:35 pm 

That's 4-12 x 40........Oops fat fingers!!!!! :D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:42 pm 

Plinkercases wrote:
Like I say.... is it worth adding to the cabinet or getting as a gift for 89.00?

When I found the deal, online orders, nothing in flyer, it said there were only 3 available...I bought one, so down to 2, Huck bought one, so down to 1, I just checked and it's says 0 available...did you grab one?

Jim

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:47 am 

No I didn't as family funds would not rightfully permit another toy...and I don't really have anyone to gift it to right now so that was not justification enough.

I think I have enough toys for now actually... and barely any time to play with them....... I think if/when I go PAL I will get back into acquisition mode (after some sales mode).

Interesting feedback anyhow thanks all.

http://plinkercases.ca/

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:10 am 

Great guns for the money, something you can tune to shoot supringly smooth and accurately. But as with any lower quality gun, the QC is just not there, so there is no telling if got a decent one a POS until you open it up and/or shoot it...

I actually gave one to my brother for Christmas 2 yrs ago. I tore it down and tuned it myself, as well as attached a .177cal barrel I knew to be accurate. One of the issues with these guns are the barrel block bushings; they are plastic and can easily be damaged when removing/installing the barrel assembly.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:57 am 

After reading different online reviews, I just couldn't resist. Thankfully my local TSC had one left in stock! :mrgreen:

Everything seems to work great, and the barrel breaks well without too much force. Also there doesn't seem to be any dieseling as many have mentioned. And since this is only my second .22 airgun, I have lots of pellets for it. 8)

DigitalFx33 wrote:
The way mine was detuned was a hole drilled in the piston face to vent the extra pressure to keep the rifle non pal, i plugged that hole, I do have my pal so that was fine for me. I don't advise doing that unless you have a pal of course.
14.3gr is average for crosman .22 pellets

What was it like disassembling it? I may want to smooth out all the rough metal and re-grease it, as I have with my other airguns, when I'm done my current project. This is my first break barrel gun, so I have no experience with this type. :?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:02 am 

It is pretty standard to most any break bbl gun. Plenty of videos on YouTube on how to disassemble pretty easy to do with regular hand tools.