Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Missing Part
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:52 pm 

Hello fellow air-gun people,

I have been tasked with fixing a Crosman Model 38T. I've fixed a few of these to pretty much working order with not much other than new seals and a screw driver, but this one is causing me issues. Somehow the valve spacer has gone missing. This piece I have not been able to find, and I'm hoping maybe someone out there knows where I can find one? It would be GREATLY appreciated.

I also have these two older Crosman 357's that for some reason the magazine won't rotate. I've taken them apart, but them back together and nothing changed. The 357 is the first gun I have ever fixed and I have never had this problem before. Does anyone know what's wrong or how I could fix it? I'm thinking it has to do with the 6 round mag instead of the 10 round, but I wasn't able to find a 10 round.

Please help!

Post subject: Re: Missing Part
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:06 am 

Might have a look here...might be the same problem. Indexing is pretty straight forward on the 357. Can contact Eric @ scopes and ammo if you're out east, D&L airgun if you're out west. Ask about the parts for the 38t while you've one of them on the phone/email.

topic38603.html

Parts diagrams for the 38t can be had here; Correct part numbers avoid issues with terminology and ensure everyone is talking about the same part. :)

https://support.crosman.com/hc/en-us/se ... mit=Search

Good luck with it.

Al

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:12 pm 

Gippeto wrote:
Might have a look here...might be the same problem. Indexing is pretty straight forward on the 357. Can contact Eric @ scopes and ammo if you're out east, D&L airgun if you're out west. Ask about the parts for the 38t while you've one of them on the phone/email.

topic38603.html

Parts diagrams for the 38t can be had here; Correct part numbers avoid issues with terminology and ensure everyone is talking about the same part. :)

https://support.crosman.com/hc/en-us/se ... mit=Search

Good luck with it.

Al

Thank you for your reply. For the 357's, I've already checked that all, and nothing is broken. It does rotate after I put it back together, then seems to get stuck. It's like the index finger doesn't latch onto the gear on the magazine to advance it. My one thought is that the the cylinder plate is pushing it against the barrel, but it doesn't go back any further.

And I will check out D&L, but I know that Crosman doesn't have the piece as I have asked them before.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:37 pm 

I don't know what the cross-border shipping would be, but JG airguns has the spacer you need. It's actually rather reasonable in price.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:58 pm 

Big Bore Bart wrote:
I don't know what the cross-border shipping would be, but JG airguns has the spacer you need. It's actually rather reasonable in price.

Thank you! I'll check it out.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:06 pm 

i might have parts too if you let me know what you need exactly