Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:50 pm 

Biagio, I am going back home to Victoria. Well I have been here since the 7th of April taking care of the dogs and house while Hayley is a full time student at Royal Roads College.

3 Custom Crosman 2260
Benjamin Discovery .22 w/Joe Hickey stock!
Crosman 150 pistol .22
4 Crosman MK 1 pistol .22
Mrodair CP-1M .22 and .177

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:03 pm 

Biagio26 wrote:
Yip I'm bringing as many guns as it will fit in my car. Springers, PCP's and pneumatics.

I'll be on the rifle range Monday, I have a couple of guns that need some exercise, if you know what I mean. I will be spending some time at the shed on the archery range as well.

I will be hunting this coming Sunday as well, maybe with my slingshot, rabbits on the farm are way too calm, they are not even a little afraid of people.

See you guys in 2 weeks, 1 day, and 22 hours

Biagio

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:00 pm 

kelly1 wrote:
Biagio26 wrote:
Yip I'm bringing as many guns as it will fit in my car. Springers, PCP's and pneumatics.

I'll be on the rifle range Monday, I have a couple of guns that need some exercise, if you know what I mean. I will be spending some time at the shed on the archery range as well.

I will be hunting this coming Sunday as well, maybe with my slingshot, rabbits on the farm are way too calm, they are not even a little afraid of people.

See you guys in 2 weeks, 1 day, and 22 hours

Biagio
are you sure you don't need a moving van?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:26 pm 

Had a bit of a scare the other day. Was asked if I could work the 26th to babysit a film shoot for 4 hours. Got out of it. Dodged that bullet.

So we are just over a week out and at this point I am still good to go. I sure hope things stay the same. I am so looking forward to getting out and shooting with you guys.

Sorry to hear you will not be there Rick. You will be missed.

More to come....

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:48 pm 

I am moving back during the week to Victoria. The shooting weekend my old drinking/US Army buddy will be here! So may it is for me....

3 Custom Crosman 2260
Benjamin Discovery .22 w/Joe Hickey stock!
Crosman 150 pistol .22
4 Crosman MK 1 pistol .22
Mrodair CP-1M .22 and .177

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:11 pm 

Cool, it seems to be about 10 - 13 people. I'll have the sausages ready, I can almost not wait. If any one is at the archery range tomorrow, I'll be shooting my guns in from any time after 11 to 3 ish.

See you guys next Sunday.

I hope you guys come hungry!!

Biagio

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:35 pm 

Hi guys
It seems like Sunday is going to rain. I hope the weather man is very very wrong. It must be sunny with periods of high temperatures. Perfect for a nice day of shooting with friends.

See you guys Sunday, by hook or by crook.

Biagio

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:00 pm 

Alright. I'll see you guys there! Ed, Gerard and Gerard's son will all be riding with me.

Also, I got that sign we had talked about sorted out. Should help make it clear that the archery range is closed for our shoot.

Anyone know if Morris is going to make it? I have some stuff to give him if he'll be there.

FX Streamline .22 - Optisan Mamba Lite 4-16X44
Hammerli Pneuma Elite 10 .22 - Bushnell Elite 4200 4-12X40
Custom Crosman 2240 w/ LW barrel - Vortex Strikefire
Remington AirMaster 77 PAL rated - CenterPoint 3-9X40

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:32 pm 

Anyone got a Red Ryder sized airgun for sale? My boy struggles too much with anything I have. We're on too different scales until he's a teenager. I was telling my wife I'll wait until he's 10 or 11 to get him something... but maybe it's time to find him a tiny rifle and see how he does with that.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:59 am 

Gerard if I were you I would get him a Baikal IZH-60..or 61...the 61 has a five shot mag...
there very light...Weight: 4 lbs , very easy to cock and pretty accurate ...and reasonably priced.... 8)
probably find a used one for much cheaper.
its a much better choice then a Red Ryder IMO..and takes as much effort to cock as a Red Ryder but with much better accuracy then a RR....I think you'll end up playing with it more then him :lol:

IZH 60 Air Rifle----
http://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/IZH_60_Air_Rifle/75
IZH 61 multi shot air rifle----------
http://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/IZH_61_mu ... r_rifle/76

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QMeWZKu7Kk

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:50 am 

Thanks for that Ace. Not sure about the size though. My son is quite small, and with only a 2" LOP adjustment range and looking at how big it seems in that video review, I'm certain the shortest length for the stock would still be somewhat too long. If I could find one to let him try perhaps I'd be proven wrong. Not going to risk ordering one without hands-on. I'm not interested in 'inheriting' this rifle if it is much too large for him. And it doesn't look like a practical stock to modify for shorter length owing to the cylinder location. You know how compact my Atomic pistol carbine is. That stock is about 4" or 5" too long for him.

But I didn't mean an actual Red Ryder. Just wondering if there is a Red Ryder-sized pellet rifle out there. I'll do some Googling. Maybe I'll just end up doing another custom Crosman 22xx build and make him a small adjustable stock so it can grow with him.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:54 am 

There's this little guy here:

http://www.dlairgun.com/Air-Rifles/Dais ... _Buck.html

Looks tiny, but only shoots BBs. Also, very cheap!

FX Streamline .22 - Optisan Mamba Lite 4-16X44
Hammerli Pneuma Elite 10 .22 - Bushnell Elite 4200 4-12X40
Custom Crosman 2240 w/ LW barrel - Vortex Strikefire
Remington AirMaster 77 PAL rated - CenterPoint 3-9X40

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:54 pm 

GerardSamija wrote:
But I didn't mean an actual Red Ryder. Just wondering if there is a Red Ryder-sized pellet rifle out there. I'll do some Googling. Maybe I'll just end up doing another custom Crosman 22xx build and make him a small adjustable stock so it can grow with him.

Ah! ok I gotcha....there probably are some shorter RR out there but the typical RR is 35.4" long and the IZH 60 is 33" so in fact its 2" shorter then the RR ....wish you were closer to me id let you try mine out....and just so you know my IZH 60 or 61 I have both...I can shoot them easily one handed that's how light and small they are to me...probably one of the lightest rifles I have :wink:

here is one more vid skip right to :16 on the vid and you can clearly see how short the IZH is...and if I forgot to mention the trigger is pretty nice as well with a 1.4 lb pull and its adjustable.... 8) as appose to the RR that has an 8lb trigger pull :(
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsTS6Bhwn80

Red Ryder...
http://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Daisy_193 ... BB_gun/271

since you like to work with wood you can make a nice custom wood stock 8)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:21 pm 

Oh cool, thanks for showing me that custom stocked version, that makes a lot of sense. I can see making something quite small and simple around that cylinder. A bulky stock like that would be too heavy for my son and still too long in back, but it looks like there's plenty of room behind the cylinder to make it shorter. Thanks Ace, looks like I'll be ordering one of those unless something ready-made comes along first. I'll hold off until after Sunday's shoot in Mission when perhaps something else he tries might suit him. I'd been thinking of a Pardini Kid, but besides costing $1,000 it just seems he prefers shooting every pistol as though it were a rifle. A rifle kinda guy I guess.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:22 pm 

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but....

Sunday looks like it will be very wet. Looks like another archery range day. I know we taked about HFT being "rain or shine" but 45mm is a little over the top...

Thoughts?

More to come....

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next