Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 8:42 pm 

I tested a new lead-free .22 cal air rifle pellet over the week-end. The weight was 15 grains, length was .240 of an inch.
Pellet shot decent at 10 meters out of my Stoeger X20, 5 shots totally covered by a dime.
I shot pellets at a steel plate and totally disintegrated upon impact, but penetrated a pine board (.715") without changing the pellet.
Does anyone out there have more info on this pellet?

Rupa

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 1:10 am 

Not exactly what we'd call an introduction, rupa. Tell us something about yourself and your interests and experiences in air gunning, and perhaps what you hope to gain from your membership here.

And, when asking the opinions of others on a particular item (a pellet, for example), it's almost always a good idea to identify that product and what kind of information you are seeking. There are many active people on the forum who would be happy to respond to your questions.

No harm done. Give it another shot.

And welcome aboard!

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 1:42 am 

Someone joined TargetTalk today just to post some nonsense about wooden pellets. Blatant spam, reported and since deleted. I wonder if this is the same campaign? Or perhaps it's a legitimate post and the fellow genuinely does not know what the pellet was which he loaded into his Stoeger and shot through pine boards and shot tight groups and shot at a steel plate... No, that actually seems unlikely. I'll go with spammer until otherwise indicated.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 4:46 am 

I bought these pellets at a local Gun Show in Miramichi New Brunswick this past Saturday.
The person that sold them to me did not provide info about them except that the pellets contained no lead.
As soon as I did a chronograph test, I knew instantly these pellets were frangible as "they" instantly turned to powder when striking the metal backstop I have behind my chrony.
Then the other tests were completed after the velocity test as per my initial post.
These pellets are certainly different and just want to know more about them!! That's all.

Rupa

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 5:25 am 

were they in a yellow tin ?

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 5:30 am 

No, in a plastic bag.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 6:31 am 

There was a gun show in Miramichi???

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 10:40 am 

rupa .. welcome :)
Could you post a closeup shot or two of said pellets ?

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 4:31 pm 

The gun show I attended was located in Irish Town N.B. a few kilometers from Miramichi.

Unfortunately, I shot all the pullets. Will need to find out more details about them as I think this is an awesome pellet.

Rupa

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 5:38 am 

I found out who made these pellets!!!
These pellets were made by a local person who worked at Federal Cartridge awhile back.

Rupa

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 11:07 am 

Round and round we go. Still not enough details on anything said to make sense of it all. Looks deliberately done to me.

Benjamin-Armada .25
Marauder .177
Trail NP .22
Classic .22
Legends Jim Shockey .22
Phantom 1000 .22 & .177
Nitro Venom Dusk .22
TR77 .177
Optimus .177
Vanguard .177