Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 1:07 am 

I have responded to a number of posts regarding a good choice for a pellet handgun that delivers blowback action and good accuracy. Consistently I have suggested, as have many others who are into replica handguns, that the Desert Eagle in a top contender. (Search Desert Eagle for gobs of information).

To those whom I, and others, have made such recommendations, I'd like to remind you that finding "top contenders" available for sale is not an everyday occurrence. One such Desert Eagle has been up for sale for several weeks, and those who have asked for advice either haven't seen or have ignored a for sale posting on the forum. This is a $200+ handgun on the retail market, and you can buy one "minty" here for $160. Pass on the laser sight and other extras, and you may be able to land it for $150 or less. My point: take advantage of opportunities when they arise.

I am in no way affiliated with this particular pistol, and I have no idea of the condition of this "minty" handgun, nor am I endorsing any seller. All I'm sayin' is with so many newcomers asking the same questions and getting the same recommendations for the same types of guns by so many responders, why is this Desert Eagle still around? I and others have recommended this model to enquirers many times in the last several months.

I wish this ad had been here when I bought my DE; I paid more than $230 for this handgun, and another $20 for three spare mags.

Our For Sale thread can't be beat for opportunities for both sales and buys. Don't assume everything that has not been bumped (as this offer has) is no longer available. If you're new and looking for a first gun, or if you're genuinely assimilated into air gun acquisition, take a look at what our members have to offer, both currently and in the past 30 days.

I have accumulated at least half of my collection of 50+ air guns through transactions with members of this forum. I had two unsatisfactory transactions, and neither was bad enough to create a forum "phenomenom." You live and you learn," but here you mostly gain.

Edit: to preempt a likely question, the post to which I am referring can be easily found in the For Sale forum; it was recently bumped. And, by the way, there are several other air guns for sale that meet many other enquiry specifications about "what to buy next." Don't be afraid to PM and ask questions.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 2:56 am 

FWIW - this DEM has been listed on another site; and the listing is ending in 2 days.

There are 3 watchers - so the odds are fairly high that it will sell.

If it sells there - it will no longer be available here.

And the For Sale price here is much lower than the price there.

Just thought I'd let you all know.

8)

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 3:26 pm 

This one is still available - if anyone is interested.

:?