Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours


The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

 

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.








Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Mod-44 referb
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 11:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:46 am
Posts: 4122
I've worked on so many of these now that its almost second nature :lol:

got a call from Dave AKA Helipilot, he asked me to have a look and fix two of his crosman Mod-44 peacemakers...
I was going to surprise him but decided to post it and share it with the gang....
So Dave there pretty much done, did a complete seal job on one little to late to test it tonight so will do that tomorrow...and did a refurb + seal job on the other....will assemble it tomorrow as well...hope you like....cheers :drinkers:


Image
Image

Image
Image

Image

_________________
"A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle"

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mod-44 referb
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 1:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:46 am
Posts: 4122
OK there all done and ready to go back home, also made some Co2 covers, really adds a nice finish to them.... :D
I forgot to mention Dave was cool enough to offer me to check out his new Colt peacemaker...haven't had a chance to
shoot it yet but I must say I'm very impressed with the built quality of the Colt it feels very nice in the hand... 8)

Here they are all complete...

Image

side by side with the Colt...

Image

_________________
"A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle"

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mod-44 referb
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 2:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:35 pm
Posts: 3099
Location: Alberta Canada
Looks good. :D
Did you chemy strip, sand or bead blast off the old finish? Paint baked or unbaked? Im sure a few would like to know the type of paint you used, too.
One powerlet cover locks shorter than the other?
They need wood grips. Get that last bit of refurb into them classics...but thats my opinion.

_________________
May the cry of the pack be with you upon your hunt

Whitewolf


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mod-44 referb
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 3:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:46 am
Posts: 4122
thanks Kim...
I refurbished it as a favor...Dave did not ask me to do it for him, just to fix leaks and get them working... the one I referb'd was in parts... hence why I said he'd be surprised... :wink:
I did not bead blast off the old finish or anything like that... as you can see from the pic's one side of the 44 was in better shape/finish then the other side... just used some fine sanding and then some scotch pad to smooth things out...then painted it with T-2 flat black plasti-kote super enamel...then hit it with some Krylon clear smooth finish....you have a good eye Kim..the covers I had to cut all by hand there pretty close in length might be off a tad...still better then a CO2 cart in plane view.. :wink:

_________________
"A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle"

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mod-44 referb
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 3:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:46 am
Posts: 4122
just had a chance to shoot the Colt...
haven't shot in some time so a bit rusty, just been busy...that's a must do on my list.. note to self make time for plinking fun again lol....
I'm not sure if this was mentioned in the Colt reviews but I will add that I quickly noted you must sink in the BB's into the shells or you may get a misfire if you don't do so....
that's a little disappointing probably the only fault I've seen so far from the Colt, besides the hammer not being able to be in the fully de-cock position...
so after a couple quick shots to feel out the Colt...I did this group of 6 shots at 5m standing freehand....not to bad for BB's 8)

Image

_________________
"A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle"

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mod-44 referb
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 4:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:35 pm
Posts: 3099
Location: Alberta Canada
Ace wrote:
thanks Kim...
I refurbished it as a favor...Dave did not ask me to do it for him, just to fix leaks and get them working... the one I referb'd was in parts... hence why I said he'd be surprised... :wink:
I did not bead blast off the old finish or anything like that... as you can see from the pic's one side of the 44 was in better shape/finish then the other side... just used some fine sanding and then some scotch pad to smooth things out...then painted it with T-2 flat black plasti-kote super enamel...then hit it with some Krylon clear smooth finish....you have a good eye Kim..the covers I had to cut all by hand there pretty close in length might be off a tad...still better then a CO2 cart in plane view.. :wink:


With the oldies to me its about detail. Like taking a fine diamond file or even :wink: the wifes nail file and going over knurled areas. Just a touch of clean up in cretain areas brings out the overall results. But then again thats my opinion. Or my refurb practices.... :lol:

_________________
May the cry of the pack be with you upon your hunt

Whitewolf


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mod-44 referb
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 4:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:12 am
Posts: 1034
Location: Hamilton
Beautiful job!

_________________
A Whole Bunch of Handguns!
C02, SPRINGER, Pneumatic, Most new, some Vintage, a few Airsoft?
More Vintage!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mod-44 referb
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 8:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 12:21 pm
Posts: 1099
Sending out a BIG thank you to Ace!!!! :D

He did more than I asked him to do, did it quicker than I imagined possible and put this project at the front of what I know is a VERY long list of repairs demanding his time and attention.
I was indeed surprised!! :shock: very pleasantly so !!

I can't wait to set up this brace of classics with fresh Co2, some quality .22 sized lead and a bunch of targets. Looking forward to doing some two fisted, old west, gunfighter style shooting. pew pew

Thanks again Ace!!
Dave


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mod-44 referb
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 8:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:46 am
Posts: 4122
Whitewolf wrote:
Ace wrote:
thanks Kim...
I refurbished it as a favor...Dave did not ask me to do it for him, just to fix leaks and get them working... the one I referb'd was in parts... hence why I said he'd be surprised... :wink:
I did not bead blast off the old finish or anything like that... as you can see from the pic's one side of the 44 was in better shape/finish then the other side... just used some fine sanding and then some scotch pad to smooth things out...then painted it with T-2 flat black plasti-kote super enamel...then hit it with some Krylon clear smooth finish....you have a good eye Kim..the covers I had to cut all by hand there pretty close in length might be off a tad...still better then a CO2 cart in plane view.. :wink:


With the oldies to me its about detail. Like taking a fine diamond file or even :wink: the wifes nail file and going over knurled areas. Just a touch of clean up in cretain areas brings out the overall results. But then again thats my opinion. Or my refurb practices.... :lol:

maybe refurbished was a bit strong of a word to use in this case...how about freshened up..how's that Kim :lol: 8)

_________________
"A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle"

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mod-44 referb
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 8:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:46 am
Posts: 4122
thanks ejackyou :wink:
No worries Dave your more then welcome bud... :wink:

_________________
"A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle"

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mod-44 referb
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 10:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:35 pm
Posts: 3099
Location: Alberta Canada
Ace wrote:
Whitewolf wrote:
Ace wrote:
thanks Kim...
I refurbished it as a favor...Dave did not ask me to do it for him, just to fix leaks and get them working... the one I referb'd was in parts... hence why I said he'd be surprised... :wink:
I did not bead blast off the old finish or anything like that... as you can see from the pic's one side of the 44 was in better shape/finish then the other side... just used some fine sanding and then some scotch pad to smooth things out...then painted it with T-2 flat black plasti-kote super enamel...then hit it with some Krylon clear smooth finish....you have a good eye Kim..the covers I had to cut all by hand there pretty close in length might be off a tad...still better then a CO2 cart in plane view.. :wink:


With the oldies to me its about detail. Like taking a fine diamond file or even :wink: the wifes nail file and going over knurled areas. Just a touch of clean up in cretain areas brings out the overall results. But then again thats my opinion. Or my refurb practices.... :lol:

maybe refurbished was a bit strong of a word to use in this case...how about freshened up..how's that Kim :lol: 8)

:lol: :lol: ha ha sounding like a pit stick commercial....better keep with refurb... :wink: :wink: :mrgreen:

_________________
May the cry of the pack be with you upon your hunt

Whitewolf


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mod-44 referb
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 6:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:08 pm
Posts: 1004
Location: niagara region.
those old ones are pretty good. you did a excellent fix up job. I did mine in two tone. with gold and black spray paint. my first attempt. my grips are wood so sanded them and stained; not to bad ; I thought. if you wan;t a look; you can find them on here. in the search; go to petes peacemaker.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mod-44 referb
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 11:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:46 am
Posts: 4122
thanks Pete...had a look at yours... pretty flashy with the gold & Black :wink:
wood grips look nice.... 8)

_________________
"A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle"

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group

phpBB SEO