Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 11:50 am 

I just purchased an AR2078. It should be delivered on wed. My intentions are to turn this into my ft and hft rifle. I have not decided if I will convert it to 177 or keep it as a .22(I might also use it for hunting). Any way just wanted to know if there are any mods/ upgrades that you all might recommend. Also does anyone know where I could find a .177 match grade barrel. Scopes and ammo carries one but at just under 300$(a little to rich for my liking). Thanks and happy shoot'n AceBoogie
Ps. I forgot to mention that I am new to co2/pcp guns. I'm sure that I will have lots more questions. Thanks again.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 2:29 pm 

If you are shooting 500 FPS or less, .22 is better.
If you have your PAL and you'll be above 500 FPS, most clubs limit your FPE to 20 ft lbs. With that limit, .177 is better since the velocity will be faster than .22. The faster velocity means flatter trajectory which will help on the longer shots.

Yes, the LW barrels are expensive but keep in mind, they've been custom machined from AT44 barrels to fit into QB78's.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 5:54 pm 

Well said there Doug....X 2

Whitewolf

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 12:15 pm 

Thanks for the info :lol: . Maybe I should clarify my previous post. I am not looking to increase the power to a ridiculous level, just wanted to know what I could do to improve the overall functionality and accuracy of the AR2078. Thanks again and happy shoot'n AceBoogie.